Setting tab size in JBuilder 9

2003-08-13 05:02:51 AM
jbuilder19
Does anyone know how to change the editor tab size??? Currently mine is 2
spaces. I want to increase this to 4 spaces.

Re:Setting tab size in JBuilder 9

"WyleySam" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does anyone know how to change the editor tab size??? Currently mine
is 2
spaces. I want to increase this to 4 spaces.
Project | Project Properties menu item
"Formatting" tab
All formatting-related options, including tab size, are there to allow
different projects to use different coding standards.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Setting tab size in JBuilder 9

"WyleySam" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
But where are they located??? Where do I make the changes??? The only
place
I find anything to do with tabs is in the Project's Properties. Isn't
there
a way to change them globally???
No. The tab settings are saved with the project. If you want to change
all of your projects at once, the closest you can come is:
a) Change one project, export the settings, then import the settings
into your other projects. You still need to adjust each project, but
you can do all of the formatting in one step instead of changing each
setting separately.
b) Use the Project | Default Project Properties menu item to open the
default project and change its settings. This won't do anything for
existing projects, but any new projects you create will automatically
inherit the new defaults.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}