Use OpenTools to influence 'look and feel' of UI-designer

2004-01-27 08:36:47 PM
jbuilder0
Can we influence the way widgets (that are placed upon the 'UI-designer' panel by 'drag and drop' widgets from component palette') are shown, i.e. can we adapt the 'look and feel' to comply to the way the UI will look on our target platform.
Please give more information, samples or links.
Thanks in advance!

Re:Use OpenTools to influence 'look and feel' of UI-designer

"Bennie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Can we influence the way widgets (that are placed upon the 'UI-
designer' panel by 'drag and drop' widgets from component
palette') are shown, i.e. can we adapt the 'look and feel' to
comply to the way the UI will look on our target platform.

Please give more information, samples or links.

Thanks in advance!

Re:Use OpenTools to influence 'look and feel' of UI-designer

Gillmer, thanks for your response. We tried clicking on the 'designer-panel' but we don't really see what you mean. (Actually we only get a menu for setting screen size).
What we look for: a way for creating our own widgets, or at least be able to change the way a widget is displayed in the designer panel. For instance a the way a textfield on a canvas is shown, by giving it round edges (instead of the default rectangular shape). Note that we are using the Mobile Edition.

{smallsort}

Re:Use OpenTools to influence 'look and feel' of UI-designer

Gillmer, thanks, I will post a more or less equal message in the mobile group.
However if you know how you can influence the way a widget is displayed on the UI-designer panel, or if you know how to define how a new user-defined widget bean is displayed on the panel in the designer, I am very interested in it. (This is because I think this principle does not depend on the JBuilder edition we are using.)

"Bennie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Can we influence the way widgets (that are placed upon the
'UI-designer' panel by 'drag and drop' widgets from component palette')
are shown, i.e. can we adapt the 'look and feel' to comply to the way
the UI will look on our target platform.
Right click on the Designer and you'll find a Look and Feel menu where
you can choose the look and feel used in the display.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Use OpenTools to influence 'look and feel' of UI-designer

"Bennie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Note that we are using the Mobile Edition.
Oh. I was talking about the designer for Swing applications. I haven't
used the mobile screen designer.
You might want to repost this question in the micro.mobileset group. I
don't think this is really an OpenTool issue.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)