Help viewer freezes on search - OSX

2004-12-29 05:36:49 AM
jbuilder24
In both JBuilder X and 2005 on OSX 10.3.7, when I do a seach with the
help viewer, the resulting help page can not be scrolled. I have tried
everything to find a work around for this problem. I even have made a
bookmark, unfrozen the screen by using the contents, then gone to the
page with the book mark. The page will still be frozen.
The contents and index works fine. I have done searchs on a WinXP
installation of Jbuilder2005 and it works fine.
If anyone knows a work around for this problem, I'd be gratefull.

Re:Help viewer freezes on search - OSX

In both JBuilder X and 2005 on OSX 10.3.7, when I do a seach with the
help viewer, the resulting help page can not be scrolled. I have tried
everything to find a work around for this problem. I even have made a
bookmark, unfrozen the screen by using the contents, then gone to the
page with the book mark. The page will still be frozen.
The contents and index works fine. I have done searchs on a WinXP
installation of Jbuilder2005 and it works fine.
If anyone knows a work around for this problem, I'd be gratefull.

Re:Help viewer freezes on search - OSX

Have you tried running JBuilder in the verbose mode
and looked at the output to Console.app's log?
To run JBuilder in verbose mode, edit the
JBuilder.framework/bin/jbuilder.config file
by adding the following line:
addparam -verbose
Report back here what you see when you do the
search. Also, you might think about filing a
bug report at Quality Central (Tools>Quality
Central menu item).

--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

{smallsort}

Re:Help viewer freezes on search - OSX

Please avoid multi- and/or cross-posting to
these newsgroups.
See response in the macintosh newsgroup.
JT wrote:
In both JBuilder X and 2005 on OSX 10.3.7, [...]
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:Help viewer freezes on search - OSX

The Console log only had routine initialization messages, no errors or
other messages. No additional messages are added to the log when doing
a search.
I have submitted a bug report.(#10102)