Problems with .config

2003-10-30 10:31:00 PM
jbuilder17
I have problems with using the .config file when creating a Native
Executable. Can someone tell me if this is supposed to work in
JBuilder9-Developer(with Update2 installed) or if my understanding is wrong.
1. Native Excautable does not read the <name>.config every time it is
launched.
It seems that the Native Executable hardcodes the information contained in
.config file during the rebuild. In other words, you cannot change the
.config file later and expect to pick this information every time you launch
the executable. Is my understanding correct?
2. I also use copyenv CLASSPATH statement in the .config file, but it
seems that the class loader does not find the class files that are listed in
the classpath. When I open a DOS Console, and issue SET command, I can
clearly see that the classpath lists the jar files that I am trying to
access. Should the class loader be able to find the classes in other jar
files this way?
3. I also use exportenv statement. From the documentation I was lead to
believe that this will create a file named <xxxxx>.properties. However, I do
not see any file generated. Should I be able to see such a file?
The reason I am aksing these questions is that I am trying to determine if
my experience is unique and there is something wrong with my JBuilder
installation or the system.
Help please.
Regards,
Z.

Re:Problems with .config

Please disregard the problems 1 and 3.
The executable reads the <name>.config file just fine providing that the
name is exactly the same as the name of the executable. Scratch this
problem. Also the exportenv statement, as stated in item 3, works also
fine.
However, regarding the problem of the accessing libraries, it seems that the
only way I can use the libraries (external jar files) is to always package
them with my executable by checking off "Always include all classes and
resources" in the properties Dependencies tab panel. However, when I do
this, the dependent library files are copied and packaged with my
executable. This is not the result I wanted. I just wanted for the java
Class Loader to find classes from the jar files listed in the <name>.config
file, using addpath or addjar statements.
From various config examples I believe that this is possible, but somehow I
cannot make it work. I would like to know if this function works for you.
Is there anything I need to be aware of to make it work?.
Regards,
Z. Ordanic
"Zvonimir Ordanic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

Since no one is answering my question, I will let you know what I have
found so far regarding the problem 2.
I can pickup the external jar (and zip) files only if they are added using
addbootpath statement in <my program>.config file.
I have also tried to add the jar files using addpath and addjars statements
but it seems that this does not work. This did not work even for jar files
that I have created using JB IDE.
Hope that someone can give me some additional information.
Regards,
Z.
[...]

From various config examples I believe that this is possible, but somehow

news:3fa120a2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have problems with using the .config file when creating a Native
>Executable. Can someone tell me if this is supposed to work in
>JBuilder9-Developer(with Update2 installed) or if my understanding is
wrong.

>1. Native Excautable does not read the <name>.config every time it is
>launched.
>It seems that the Native Executable hardcodes the information contained
in
>.config file during the rebuild. In other words, you cannot change the
>.config file later and expect to pick this information every time you
launch
>the executable. Is my understanding correct?
>
>2. I also use copyenv CLASSPATH statement in the .config file, but it
>seems that the class loader does not find the class files that are
listed
in
>the classpath. When I open a DOS Console, and issue SET command, I can
>clearly see that the classpath lists the jar files that I am trying to
>access. Should the class loader be able to find the classes in other jar
>files this way?
>
>3. I also use exportenv statement. From the documentation I was lead to
>believe that this will create a file named <xxxxx>.properties. However,
do
>not see any file generated. Should I be able to see such a file?
>
>The reason I am aksing these questions is that I am trying to determine
if
>my experience is unique and there is something wrong with my JBuilder
>installation or the system.
>Help please.
>Regards,
>Z.