JCE and Native Executables

2003-11-04 11:16:06 PM
jbuilder16
Hi,
I have a swing application which uses JCE to to decrypt the encrypted
password stored in the database.
I have this application running as a standalone one and
I tried making a native executable for this application. When I run the
executable, I got this following error on JCE code
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot
set u
p certs for trusted CAs: java.security.PrivilegedActionException
<<java.net.Malf
ormedURLException: no protocol: US_export_policy.jar>>
at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.<clinit>(DashoA6275)
at
at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA6275)
Any idea on what is causing this error?
I am getting the error on the line
Cipher.getInstance(<algorithm name>)
Please let me know. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
SG

Re:JCE and Native Executables

Sri Gollamudi wrote:
[...]

As I recall, to use certain kinds of crypto stuff, there is a separate
download, with all kinds of warnings about not exporting, etc. The file
I have is called jce_policy-1_4_2.zip. There are instructions in the
file that explain where to install the "unlimited strength" policy files.
Basically, you will have to make sure that those policy files get built
into your native exe.
Sorry I can't be more specific, but I haven't actually tried it myself.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)