Discount

2004-10-15 05:03:57 AM
jbuilder8
Does anyone know if Boreland offers a student discount on the JBuilder
developer system? As a commuter student (not having daily access to the
campus computers), it would be nice to put a copy on my computer at home...
but $500 is a little pricey for software that I will only use one
semester....
Thanks,
Crash

Re:Discount

Karl Sangree wrote on 14/10/2004 at 22:03:57 :
Does anyone know if Boreland offers a student discount on the
JBuilder developer system? As a commuter student (not having daily
access to the campus computers), it would be nice to put a copy on my
computer at home... but $500 is a little pricey for software that I
will only use one semester....

Thanks,
Crash
Borland offer JBuilder Foundation free on download or I think $10/?0
if you want a CD sent to you. Check out the Downloads page on -
www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.html
--
All the best
Jonathan Wright

Re:Discount

On 10/14/2004 at 5:03:57 PM, Karl Sangree wrote:
Does anyone know if Boreland offers a student discount on the
JBuilder developer system?
Yes. Look here: info.borland.com/education/
P.S. It is "Borland", not "Boreland"
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:Discount

"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message>Yes. Look
here: info.borland.com/education/

P.S. It is "Borland", not "Boreland"
D'Oh! Sorry about that....
I navigated to info.borland.com/education/jbuilder/, and clicked the
"downloaded", link (info.borland.com/jbuilder/offers/), but the link
appears to be broken... It takes me to a page that says " ERROR 404: Sorry,
the page you have requested does not exist."
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Crash

Re:Discount

On 10/16/2004 at 11:51:47 AM, Karl Sangree wrote:
but the link appears to be broken... It takes me to a page that says
" ERROR 404: Sorry, the page you have requested does not exist."
Yes, I've reported that (and another one).
Did you find the "How to order" link off of the main education page. It
leads to info.borland.com/education/order.html, and that seems to
have what you need to get the education discounts.
--

"Karl Sangree" <etservicesinc@com~cast.net>wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message>Yes. Look
here: info.borland.com/education/

>P.S. It is "Borland", not "Boreland"

D'Oh! Sorry about that....

I navigated to info.borland.com/education/jbuilder/, and clicked the
"downloaded", link (info.borland.com/jbuilder/offers/), but the link
appears to be broken... It takes me to a page that says " ERROR 404: Sorry,
the page you have requested does not exist."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Crash
Also, call Programmer's Paradise. They have academic pricing for
Borland products, too. Last I heard you can get JBuilder 2005
Developer for $99.
800-441-1511 x7288
Don G

Re:Discount

Discount Furniture: Compare Prices
Find Bargains on Discount Furniture and other Furniture and Home
Decor. Get tax and shipping information, merchant ratings, and
professional product reviews at BizRate.com.
www.ogogo123sina.cn/Discount-Furniture.htm