Re: a database solution

2003-10-20 07:01:25 AM
jbuilder18
Hi naty,
Ohh Delphi that was my favorite, you have to know java is really so
different. When i read your goal, you should first learn syntax of java that
is so similar to C++. I prefer you to read Deitel & Deitel Java How to
program book, this book is for initial, then you should learn JDBC, but at
that time you have to decide which database you want to use, i am using
SQLServer 2000, in this way you will create simple two tier application just
client and database server. If you want to create three or four tier
application you should learn EJB, Servlet and if your application works on
the web, you should also learn JSP. If you click this link
info.borland.com/techpubs/ you will find all the documentation about
subjects i mentioned previously. Finally, i prefer you to create four tier
application, so in classical way you already knew client-server logic form
the delphi. I tried to draw four tier structure
web Page(JSP) ->servlet ->EJB (Entity-Session) ->Database
good luck
Tarik
"Naty" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi!!
I usually worked in Delphi but now I'm trying to move to Java and I'm
working with Builder 7.
How many solutions I have to work in Java with databases.
I need to make an administrative application with clients accounts, etc...
and I still don't know how to start reading Java documentation.
I have a big merge at this moment between
Persistence solution
JSP
JavaBeans
JDBC
Which database use, Interbase or MySQL, which one have replication
support?
I need and orientation to learn how to choose a database solution using
Java.
Examples, papers and articles are welcome.
Regards

Naty

Re:Re: a database solution

Hi!!
I usually worked in Delphi but now I'm trying to move to Java and I'm
working with Builder 7.
How many solutions I have to work in Java with databases.
I need to make an administrative application with clients accounts, etc...
and I still don't know how to start reading Java documentation.
I have a big merge at this moment between
Persistence solution
JSP
JavaBeans
JDBC
Which database use, Interbase or MySQL, which one have replication support?
I need and orientation to learn how to choose a database solution using
Java.
Examples, papers and articles are welcome.
Regards
Naty

Re:Re: a database solution

Naty wrote:
Hi!!
Check out Java for Delphi programmers site first.
www.computer-logic.net/javadelphi/

{smallsort}