problem with web services explorer

2007-12-30 05:06:13 AM
jbuilder12
JBuilder 2006 Ent SP3
The web services explorer doesn't seem to display any services under "WSDL
Services" (Not checked the other options)
I'm sure this once worked, but it must be around 18 months since I've looked
at web services.
For example, I have created a Web Service as per the tutorial "Creating a
Simple Web Service with Axis"
The client-tests run and in IE if I type the url
http://localhost:8080/simpleservice/services
I get the Axis "And now... Some Services" page showing my service etc.
I have also followed the instructions to set enableRemoteAdmin=true
However, in the web services explorer, I set name=test and
url=http://localhost:8080/simpleservice/services
I then click save and then click the display services button, but no
services appear.
I have also tried the url as
http://localhost:8080/simpleservice/services/Bean1 and
http://localhost:8080/simpleservice/services/Bean1?WSDL
but again no services appear, but all of thes URL's work in Internet
Explorer. Has anyone got any bright ideas as to what I'm
doing wrong or what step I've omitted?
Thanks
Arth

Re:problem with web services explorer

Don't know whether this helps. Everytime I click the display services
button, I get the following in the event-log. In addition if I run JBuilder
in verbose mode, I get further information. However, I'm not sure how to fix
the problem. I don't think it's a problem with the project classpath, as if
I create a blank project with no libraries and no web services running, I
still get exactly the same error.
null:Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0":
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:-2)
at
at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.webservices.toolkits.axis.registry.AxisServers.getServiceInfos(AxisServers.java:-1)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.webservices.registry.browser.RegistryBrowserFrame.c(RegistryBrowserFrame.java:-1)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.webservices.registry.browser.RegistryBrowserFrame.access$500(RegistryBrowserFrame.java:-1)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.webservices.registry.browser.RegistryBrowserFrame$3.executeQuery(RegistryBrowserFrame.java:-1)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.webservices.registry.browser.WSDLServerNodePanel.c(WSDLServerNodePanel.java:-1)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.webservices.registry.browser.WSDLServerNodePanel$2.actionPerformed(WSDLServerNodePanel.java:-1)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169)
at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:234)
at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3107)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(LightweightDispatcher.java:4212)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(LightweightDispatcher.java:3892)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(LightweightDispatcher.java:3822)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM VERBOSE MODE
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.comm
ons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurati
onException: Invalid class loader hierarchy. You have more than one version
of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.a
pache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.
You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
visible, wh
ich is not allowed.) (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcep
tion: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader
hierarchy. You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigur
ationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy. You have more than one
version
of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.))
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:543)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:235)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:370)
at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:3
7)
at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.<clinit>(AdminClient.java:48)
... 35 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.comm
ons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy. You
have
more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is
not
allowed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Inval
id class loader hierarchy. You have more than one version of
'org.apache.common
s.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogF
actoryImpl.java:397)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:529)
... 39 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid
class l
oader hierarchy. You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.
Log' visible, which is not allowed.
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogF
actoryImpl.java:385)
... 40 more
^^^ SEVERE ^^^ 21:31:11.515

Arthur Ore wrote:
Don't know whether this helps. Everytime I click the display services
button, I get the following in the event-log. In addition if I run JBuilder
in verbose mode, I get further information. However, I'm not sure how to fix
the problem. I don't think it's a problem with the project classpath, as if
I create a blank project with no libraries and no web services running, I
still get exactly the same error.

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.comm
ons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurati
onException: Invalid class loader hierarchy. You have more than one version
of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
This would seem to be the root cause. Have you checked your JDK
configuration? Sometimes I've seen people add stuff in there by
accident...?
Anyway, I would try creating a new JDK configuration, and creating a
blank project from there, to see if that will get rid of the error.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:problem with web services explorer

Thank Lori,
I closed all existing projects, I deleted all JDK's from the configuration
that didn't come bundled with JBuilder and restarted JBuilder. (Note I've
never touched the bundled JDK )
Then, with no projects open I tried the web services explorer and got the
same error.
I'm beginning to suspect that when I last looked at web services I was using
JBuilderX and that perhaps this never worked. I have tried this on the
version installed on my PC and laptop, both with the same results.

Arthur Ore wrote:
Thank Lori,

I closed all existing projects, I deleted all JDK's from the configuration
that didn't come bundled with JBuilder and restarted JBuilder. (Note I've
never touched the bundled JDK )

Then, with no projects open I tried the web services explorer and got the
same error.

I'm beginning to suspect that when I last looked at web services I was using
JBuilderX and that perhaps this never worked. I have tried this on the
version installed on my PC and laptop, both with the same results.

Arth

I keep hoping one of the guys who is actually DOING Java web service
development will jump in here. Since JB2006, I've only been doing
minimal Java work, and all of that is client/Swing type stuff.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
Save yourself some time and search the newsgroups and the
other available community resources before posting your
next question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Ruby Resources:
onestepback.org/articles/usingruby/resources.html
Other Rails Resources:
www.rubyonrails.com/

Re:problem with web services explorer

Thanks Lori,
I checked and it works fine in JBuilderX. Due to the problems I decided to
do the development in Eclipse :-(