Unknown Column name

2003-09-15 10:30:46 PM
jbuilder9
Hi i have a tableDataSet which selects all the data from a remote table. It
recieves all the columns but when i call tableDataSet.saveChanges() after i
UPDATE a row value; i get the following:
see com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code: BASE+66
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: Syntax Error: [line 1, col 73]
Unknown column name: "APP_DATE"
at com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.a(Unknown Source)
but APP_DATE is in the tableDataSet?? I also have a jdbTextField which
reads the APP_DATE value, so i dont know if that have anything to do with
it.
Any suggestions???
Thanks
Rudy

Re:Unknown Column name

In <3f65cd1a$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rudy wrote:
Hi i have a tableDataSet which selects all the data from a remote
table. It recieves all the columns but when i call tableDataSet.
saveChanges() after i UPDATE a row value; i get the following:

see com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code: BASE+66
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: Syntax Error: [line 1, col 73]
Unknown column name: "APP_DATE"
at com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.a(Unknown Source)

but APP_DATE is in the tableDataSet?? I also have a jdbTextField
which reads the APP_DATE value, so i dont know if that have anything
to do with it.
Are you sure you are using a "TableDataSet" and not a "QueryDataSet"? (
Unless you have a custom version of the TDS that defines a custom
provider and resolver..??)
Assuming a QDS.. I generally get that error when there is a miss
match between the QDS field definitions and the back end database.
John...
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/papers.htm

Re:Unknown Column name

Hey John,
I am using a tableDataSet with a custom provider and resolver, based on the
example given with jbuilder called 'streamableDataSets'. The wierd thing is
that i have a jdbTextField looking at the APP_DATE field of the TDS??
Any help?? As i am baffled...
Thanks Rudy
"John B. Moore (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In <3f65cd1a$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rudy wrote:
>Hi i have a tableDataSet which selects all the data from a remote
>table. It recieves all the columns but when i call tableDataSet.
>saveChanges() after i UPDATE a row value; i get the following:
>
>see com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code: BASE+66
>com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: Syntax Error: [line 1, col 73]
>Unknown column name: "APP_DATE"
>at com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.a(Unknown Source)
>
>but APP_DATE is in the tableDataSet?? I also have a jdbTextField
>which reads the APP_DATE value, so i dont know if that have anything
>to do with it.

Are you sure you are using a "TableDataSet" and not a "QueryDataSet"? (
Unless you have a custom version of the TDS that defines a custom
provider and resolver..??)

Assuming a QDS.. I generally get that error when there is a miss
match between the QDS field definitions and the back end database.

John...

TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/papers.htm

Re:Unknown Column name

In <3f666af4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rudy wrote:
Any help?? As i am baffled...
I don't do much dbSwing.. so you might reword his and post it to the
dbswing section for that perspective...