tool for updating the javadoc date field everytime I checkin the VSS

2003-07-07 07:39:03 PM
jbuilder5
Hello everybody
Would somebody guide me to an available tool or give some hint for the
following problem
I have class comments for every java file i have made. I am using microsoft
VSS as version control and JBuilder 8(enterprise). Now, I checkout a java
file for working and when I am finished I checkin the
file. Now ,what I want is that whenever i checkin I automatically update the
file javadoc comments with the current date.
Is there some tool or I have to program the code using some JB library.
Thanks
Par
---

Re:tool for updating the javadoc date field everytime I checkin the VSS

Well, I'am no VSS user and thus don't know much about it. But for other VCMs
you usually can set up predefined tags (fields) which the corresponding VCS
will know to scan/replace during it's execution. - So as an example, CVS
replaces any $Date$ field inside your source code comments with the actual
date when you do an CVS check in.
Take a look at your VSS documention, maybe it also has and supports such
tags (?).
-vkyr