OpenTool for archive post-processing

2006-04-25 02:59:03 AM
jbuilder17
Dear all,
Does anybody know an OpenTool which would allow me to specify a batch
file to execute after archive is built. I want to use it for the purpose of
copying
the resulting archive *.jar file to many locations.
Thanks a lot in advance for any ideas!
Tony.
P.S. OpenTool web-site has become unusable :(

Re:OpenTool for archive post-processing

Tony wrote:
Does anybody know an OpenTool which would allow me to specify a batch
file to execute after archive is built. I want to use it for the purpose of
copying the resulting archive *.jar file to many locations.
I think the best way to do this would be to use JBuilder's built in Ant
integration. You can make a very simple build.xml script that will do
the copy, and JBuilder allows you to hook that into the regular build
process.
P.S. OpenTool web-site has become unusable :(
How? Do you mean CodeCentral (cc.borland.com)? Are you unable
to access it? Just too many tools?
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:OpenTool for archive post-processing

I think the best way to do this would be to use JBuilder's built in Ant
integration. You can make a very simple build.xml script that will do the
copy, and JBuilder allows you to hook that into the regular build process.
Thanks, Gillmer!
I was hoping for something short of Ant integration. Something like
the JarUtil from the opentools.mot.net.tw/JarUtil/index.htm
I would greatly appreciate a pointer to a tool if you have come across
one.
However, if there is not tool, I will have to go the Ant route.
>P.S. OpenTool web-site has become unusable :(

How? Do you mean CodeCentral (cc.borland.com)? Are you unable to
access it? Just too many tools?
I am able to access it, but it's painfully slow and the way they broke it
down
into pages with no ability to search (or maybe I just did not find it) makes
it unusable.

{smallsort}

Tony wrote:
I was hoping for something short of Ant integration.
I guess complexity is in the eye of the beholder. ;-) From my point of
view, the Ant integration is already there (and unlike a custom OpenTool
it will still be there when JBuilder moves to the Eclipse platform).
That seems easier than finding a special tool just so you can copy a
file. The Ant script would be something like this:
<project basedir="." default="default" name="My.jpx">
<target name="default">
<copy file="myfile.jar" todir="../some/other/dir"/>
</target>
</project>
it's painfully slow
Wow, yeah, it sure is.
and the way they broke it
down into pages with no ability to search (or maybe I just did not find it)
Search is there, but I only know where because I went through the same
thing (What the heck, where did search go?) not long ago. It's on the
maroon colored bar below the Articles / TV & Radio / Examples / ...
tabs. If you're color blind, it's probably completely invisible.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:OpenTool for archive post-processing

Gillmer,
Thank you very much. I ended up doing exactly what you suggested and
actually
consider moving the reset of the build tasks from the JarUtil OpenTool to
Ant.
I don't know why I was trying to avoid using Ant. Just a mental block, I
guess.
Thanks, again!
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Tony wrote:
>I was hoping for something short of Ant integration.

I guess complexity is in the eye of the beholder. ;-) From my point of
view, the Ant integration is already there (and unlike a custom OpenTool
it will still be there when JBuilder moves to the Eclipse platform). That
seems easier than finding a special tool just so you can copy a file. The
Ant script would be something like this:

<project basedir="." default="default" name="My.jpx">
<target name="default">
<copy file="myfile.jar" todir="../some/other/dir"/>
</target>
</project>

>it's painfully slow

Wow, yeah, it sure is.