JBuilder 9 and hsqldb

2004-05-27 08:29:28 PM
jbuilder19
Hi,
I am trying to write a programm which uses the hsqldb. Unfortunatley
he does not find the driver and gets no connection to the DB. After
refering to the manual i tried to put the hsql.jar into my biblithecs,
which seemed to work but the error still occurs. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sebastian Paulussen

Re:JBuilder 9 and hsqldb

apuc wrote:

I am trying to write a programm which uses the hsqldb. Unfortunatley
he does not find the driver and gets no connection to the DB. After
refering to the manual i tried to put the hsql.jar into my biblithecs,
which seemed to work but the error still occurs. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sebastian Paulussen

Which edition of JB9 are you using? Foundation/Personal,
SE/Pro/Developer, or Enterprise?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:JBuilder 9 and hsqldb

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:40b611d3$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Which edition of JB9 are you using? Foundation/Personal,
SE/Pro/Developer, or Enterprise?

--

Regards,

Lori Olson (TeamB)

------------
Its the JB9 Personal.

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 9 and hsqldb

apuc wrote:
I am trying to write a programm which uses the hsqldb. Unfortunatley
he does not find the driver and gets no connection to the DB. After
refering to the manual i tried to put the hsql.jar into my biblithecs,
which seemed to work but the error still occurs. Any suggestions?
Does this mean that
1. you created a library for the hsql.jar and included any and all
other JARs which it might depend on?
and
2. you added that new JBuilder library to your project's "Required
Libraries"?
You must do both in order to be able to use the driver in your
programs for which you have made a runtime configuration in
JBuilder. (Please see the JBuilder help for creating a runtime
configuration if this concept is also new to you.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:JBuilder 9 and hsqldb

Does this mean that

1. you created a library for the hsql.jar and included any and
all
other JARs which it might depend on?
I did not find other JARs it might depend on. Or I am to blind to
see it in teh ddocumentation.
Sebastian Paulussen

Re:JBuilder 9 and hsqldb

Sebastian Paulussen wrote:
>Does this mean that
>
>1. you created a library for the hsql.jar and included any and
>all other JARs which it might depend on?
>[...]

I did not find other JARs it might depend on.
Or I am to blind to see it in the documentation.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying
that *you* must determine that, and *if* (the
operative word is *if*) there are other dependencies,
*you* must include those. If there are no dependencies,
it should be sufficient to create a JBuilder
library and include it in your project's "Required
Libraries" in the Project Properties dialog.
Did you indeed do the latter? My guess is that
you may have overlooked that step, since the runtime
apparently said it could not find the class. (You
didn't specify the exact error message in your first
message, so I'm just guessing as to what the error
may have been.)
The other thing to consider is that this database
may be run in a number of ways, and you can chase
your tail trying to figure out what is going on
when in fact the server is not even running.
Be sure to read hsqldb docs -- the particular link is
"Running HSQLDB" at
hsqldb.sourceforge.net/web/hsqlDocsFrame.html
Make sure you have the right URL for the mode
in which you are running the db. This is a
very important point.