generics

2003-10-06 08:23:48 AM
jbuilder3
I have the generics (1.5) prototype downloaded from Sun. How can I use
generics in jbuilder9?.

Re:generics

Juan wrote:
I have the generics (1.5) prototype downloaded from Sun. How can I use
generics in jbuilder9?.

You can't. Not yet. When a J2SDK is officially released that includes
generics, you can expect the next release of JBuilder to support it.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:generics

I'd like to be the first to say --
DEATH TO GENERICS...:-)
Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
Juan wrote:

>I have the generics (1.5) prototype downloaded from Sun. How can I use
>generics in jbuilder9?.

You can't. Not yet. When a J2SDK is officially released that includes
generics, you can expect the next release of JBuilder to support it.

{smallsort}

Re:generics

Clover supports generics and they have an Eclipse plug-in if you do not mind
using an open-source IDE.
www.thecortex.net/clover/generics.html

Re:generics

I understand that the next version of C# will include Generics etc, also to
be available in Visual Basic, J++ etc.
Question. Does anyone Know whether future versions of Delphi.Net &
Delphi.Win32 will include generics etc.

Re:generics

Question. Does anyone Know whether future versions of Delphi.Net &
Delphi.Win32 will include generics etc.
Support for Generics is not found in Delphi 8, but according to
statements at Borcon generics are planned for future versions.
Micosoft has to finalize the generics specification first.
Robert Love

Re:generics

Nicholas Hugh wrote:
I understand that the next version of C# will include Generics etc,
also to be available in Visual Basic, J++ etc.
While I would stop short of making any guarantee, the fact that .Net will
support generics in future means that DfDN almost certainly will support it
as well.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can
stand by itself." - Thomas Jefferson

Re:generics

Would "Generics etc" then be made available to Delphi.Win32 ?.

Nicholas Hugh wrote:
Would "Generics etc" then be made available to Delphi.Win32 ?.
We can hope. That depends on a few factors. One is that generics will be
built into .Net itself, so it's only necessary to *surface* the abilities in
any .Net language, whereas they would have to write the actual
implementation of generics in order to bring it into Win32.
That doesn't mean it won't happen, but making it availble in one doesn't
really make it any easier to add to the other.

Nicholas Hugh wrote:
I understand that the next version of C# will include Generics etc,
also to be available in Visual Basic, J++ etc.

Question. Does anyone Know whether future versions of Delphi.Net &
Delphi.Win32 will include generics etc.
AFAIK, Danny once said they were looking at it.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Modern capitalism is not about free markets, it is about building

Re:generics

Nicholas Hugh wrote:
Would "Generics etc" then be made available to Delphi.Win32 ?.
I guess that depends on how easy or hard it would be to implement it in
the same way in both compilers.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Why don't you write books people can read?"

Re:generics

Nicholas Hugh wrote:
Question. Does anyone Know whether future versions of Delphi.Net &
Delphi.Win32 will include generics etc.
Yes. I have already stated publicly (and here, IIRC) that the next
major version of Delphi for .NET (2.0) will include generics.
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
Don't miss the best BorCon ever! info.borland.com/conf2003/

Re:generics

Marc Rohloff wrote:
Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote on 24 Dec 2003 08:57:24 -0700 ...

>Good! Now we have another game: what will be the name of that version?
>-- Other
Novocane
LOL! I hope not.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Java: the elegant simplicity of C++ and the blazing speed of

Re:generics

Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote on 24 Dec 2003 08:57:24 -0700 ...
Good! Now we have another game: what will be the name of that version?
-- Other
Novocane
Marc

Re:generics

"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Nicholas Hugh wrote:

>Question. Does anyone Know whether future versions of Delphi.Net &
>Delphi.Win32 will include generics etc.

Yes. I have already stated publicly (and here, IIRC) that the next
major version of Delphi for .NET (2.0) will include generics.
Ordered!
And Delphi 8.0/9.0 for Win32 ?