Cannot install JBuilderX on Win XP SP2

2005-11-02 04:14:08 AM
jbuilder20
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to install JBuilder X onto a PC
running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and every time I run the Dev_Install
program to install from my network drive I get an 'application ended
unexpectedly' error on a java generated message and the installation
terminates.
I have tried using various JVM including MS and Sun evrsion 1.42.03, 1.42.08
and now 1.50.05 and still the same.
It installed fine before I had SP2 on but now this. If anyone has any ideas
how I can get around it without having to remove SP2 before installing
JBuilder then it would be appreciated.
Andy

Re:Cannot install JBuilderX on Win XP SP2

IT Services wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to install JBuilder X onto a PC
running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and every time I run the Dev_Install
program to install from my network drive I get an 'application ended
unexpectedly' error on a java generated message and the installation
terminates.

I have tried using various JVM including MS and Sun evrsion 1.42.03, 1.42.08
and now 1.50.05 and still the same.

It installed fine before I had SP2 on but now this. If anyone has any ideas
how I can get around it without having to remove SP2 before installing
JBuilder then it would be appreciated.

Andy

1. I would never install from a network drive. Copy to a local temp
directory first.
2. If the JVM's you have are causing problems, then get rid of *all of
them*. JBuilder (and it's installer) run best with the included JVM.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Cannot install JBuilderX on Win XP SP2

Hi
I have removed all Java version and tried installign from cd and a local temp fiolder and still having the same issue The Java console points out problems acessing class files for ZeroG. I can get the exact error if it is going to be useful.
Cheers,
Andy

On 2 Nov 2005 01:42:43 -0700, IT Services wrote:
I can get the exact error if it is going to be useful.
It would be. Please post it. Thanks!!
--
David Orriss Jr. [TeamB]
www.codethought.com

Re:Cannot install JBuilderX on Win XP SP2

The exact error's I recieve are:
Fatal Application Error - This applciation has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of this Java application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX).
The details show the following:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.i(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)
Hope this is useful,
IT Services

IT Services wrote:
The exact error's I recieve are:

Fatal Application Error - This applciation has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of this Java application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX).

The details show the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.i(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.a(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Hope this is useful,
IT Services

Searching for that error got me: "disable your antivirus before installing"
jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]