How to get PickList to update

2004-04-08 11:01:03 PM
jbuilder7
Short and sweet:
I have two TabPages that correspond to two tables.
Table 1 has two columns and two datasets, one for both fields and one for
the second field alone.
TabPage 2 corresponds to table 2 and one column has a picklist attached to
the second dataset of table 1.
On TabPage 1, when I add/insert/update a row, the two datasets are updated.
But the column's picklist on TabPage2 is NOT being updated, even when I call
dataset2.refresh() directly, which is where the column's picklist points to.
How the heck do you refresh a picklist?
Thanks.
Ken
p.s. BTW, I'm using JBuilder 7 Ent.

Re:How to get PickList to update

The implementation of JdbComboBox leaves something to be desired when it
comes to dynamic pick lists. This will do what you want:
((JdbComboBox.DBComboBoxModel)myDBComboBox.getModel()).getDataSet().refresh(
);
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"GUI-Majician" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Short and sweet:

I have two TabPages that correspond to two tables.

Table 1 has two columns and two datasets, one for both fields and one for
the second field alone.

TabPage 2 corresponds to table 2 and one column has a picklist attached to
the second dataset of table 1.

On TabPage 1, when I add/insert/update a row, the two datasets are
updated.

But the column's picklist on TabPage2 is NOT being updated, even when I
call
dataset2.refresh() directly, which is where the column's picklist points
to.

How the heck do you refresh a picklist?

Thanks.

Ken

p.s. BTW, I'm using JBuilder 7 Ent.

Re:How to get PickList to update

Much appreciated. That saves me some time. I knew something was not right
with this component. I've had big troubles trying to get tab order to work
with the ENTER key and JdbComboBox. That thing is kindof a POS.
Thanks.
Ken

{smallsort}