JButton appears black

2004-10-12 05:23:34 PM
jbuilder18
Hello,
I have created an application with JBuilder X Enterprise edition, which uses
the JDK 1.4 (java version 1.4.2_01-b06). Through the JBuilder I created an
.exe file. When I run that file from another PC, on which I have installed
the J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0, the JButton which appears on the first
screen appears totally black (no text or nothing). In the following screens,
where there are also JButtons, they appear normally.
Any idea why this is happening?
Thanks a lot
Katerina

Re:JButton appears black

On 10/12/2004 at 5:23:34 AM, Katerina K. wrote:
I have created an application with JBuilder X Enterprise edition, which
uses the JDK 1.4 (java version 1.4.2_01-b06). Through the JBuilder I
created an .exe file. When I run that file from another PC, on which I
have installed the J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0, the JButton which
appears on the first screen appears totally black (no text or nothing).
In the following screens, where there are also JButtons, they appear
normally. Any idea why this is happening?
I presume there must be something about the code for the first screen that
triggers an incompatibility between Java 1.4.2 and Java 5.0.
Have you tried to narrow down the problem so that you can post a test case?
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:JButton appears black

A friend suggested setting the background color specifically, since he had
the same problem with Delphi and the default color of buttons. That worked
just fine. The funny thing is, that if I set for example the Background
color to black, I do not see the button black when I run the application,
except for one and only PC (out of 4 that I have tested it on) where it
actually appears black. My PC seems to ignore it (the button appears with
its default color and not black).
Thank you for your time,
Katerina

Katerina K. wrote:
A friend suggested setting the background color specifically, since he had
the same problem with Delphi and the default color of buttons. That worked
just fine. The funny thing is, that if I set for example the Background
color to black, I do not see the button black when I run the application,
except for one and only PC (out of 4 that I have tested it on) where it
actually appears black. My PC seems to ignore it (the button appears with
its default color and not black).

Thank you for your time,
Katerina

This is probably yet another of the many manifestations of video card
driver issues that seem to crop up from time to time in Java. That one
PC where it shows up as black probably has a different video card from
the other PC's you tested.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:JButton appears black

could it be that one or more of the components has the Opaque property set
incorrectly?
regards,
Dar7yl