HttpURLConnection

2003-08-29 07:05:33 AM
jbuilder17
Hi,
Between client and server I have to use HTTP protocol. Currently server has
a tomcat running and client is using HttpURLConnection.
However I was told that it is possible to use HttpURLConnection at booth
sides; server and client, which I find inpossible after I have read javadoc
about HttpURLConnection.
Please tell me your opinion: is HttpURLConnection capable to replace Tomcat
at server side ? How about session support ?
Any examples ? I couldn't find any ?
Please help, suggest...

Re:HttpURLConnection

"Petar" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Please tell me your opinion: is HttpURLConnection capable to replace
Tomcat at server side ? How about session support ?
No, a HttpURLConnection is a client request to a web server (like
Tomcat). You cannot "listen" using HttpURLConnection.

Re:HttpURLConnection

You guys answered all 4 questions within several hours! They were important for me !
I Love you ALL ! THANKS TeamB. Thanks Borland !
Peter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Tor Iver Wilhelmsen (TeamB)) wrote:
"Petar" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Please tell me your opinion: is HttpURLConnection capable to replace
>Tomcat at server side ? How about session support ?

No, a HttpURLConnection is a client request to a web server (like
Tomcat). You cannot "listen" using HttpURLConnection.

{smallsort}