Database/DataModule with Interbase connects to a gdb file shows +Tables but no show after click on +

2006-07-14 05:38:12 AM
jbuilder12
I created three separate database files (gdb) in InterBase 7.5.1.
Two of them has only one table in it and I can see them in JBuilderX's
QueryDataSet design screen. (Table and its columns)
But the my main data qdb with many tables (created same way through "load
script" with create table statements and after alter table primary keys)
does not show any table after I clicked on +Tables although I can see the
system tables (no problem to connect any one of them).
Thanks for any hint.

Re:Database/DataModule with Interbase connects to a gdb file shows +Tables but no show after click on +

Mehmet F. Erten wrote:
I created three separate database files (gdb) in InterBase 7.5.1.
Two of them has only one table in it and I can see them in JBuilderX's
QueryDataSet design screen. (Table and its columns)
But the my main data qdb with many tables (created same way through "load
script" with create table statements and after alter table primary keys)
does not show any table after I clicked on +Tables although I can see the
system tables (no problem to connect any one of them).
Thanks for any hint.

What permissions and what schema are these tables in?

Re:Database/DataModule with Interbase connects to a gdb file shows +Tables but no show after click on +

Hi,
All three gdb do not have any grant permissions statements in metaview.
Show Permission On is for SYSDBA
but no Show Permission For values.
Although all 3 same, 2 of the 3 have only one table in it and I can see them
through JBuilder but can not see if many tables
Looks like I have to add the following statement for each table in my sql
creation file.
GRANT DELETE, INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE, REFERENCES ON ##### TO PUBLIC WITH
GRANT OPTION;
Thanks for asking the right question.
/* Grant Roles for this database */
/* Grant permissions for this database */
"paul nichols [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Mehmet F. Erten wrote:
>I created three separate database files (gdb) in InterBase 7.5.1.
>Two of them has only one table in it and I can see them in JBuilderX's
>QueryDataSet design screen. (Table and its columns)
>But the my main data qdb with many tables (created same way through "load
>script" with create table statements and after alter table primary keys)
>does not show any table after I clicked on +Tables although I can see the
>system tables (no problem to connect any one of them).
>Thanks for any hint.
What permissions and what schema are these tables in?

{smallsort}