Re: How to CREATE VIEW on MS SQL using JDBC

2003-08-04 11:07:30 AM
jbuilder20
In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Denis Sukhoroslov wrote:
it throws me an exception: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'VIEW'.
The same result when i trying to create a trigger. I'm using
sourceforge's jtds-0.5.jar SQL Driver.
That's most likely coming from the driver.. so you should post this
problem on sourceforge..
John..
--
+++++++++++++++++++++++
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.

Re:Re: How to CREATE VIEW on MS SQL using JDBC

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Denis Sukhoroslov wrote:
Does anyone know how to do that?
I've managed to create User Defined Datatypes and Tables using JDBC
PreparedStatement. But, when i trying execute that simple statement:

CREATE VIEW Note_VI
AS
SELECT * FROM Note

it throws me an exception: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'VIEW'.
The same result when i trying to create a trigger. I'm using
sourceforge's jtds-0.5.jar SQL Driver.
The overriding question is, "does jTDS support this feature?"
I cannot quickly tell from looking at their site. Notably,
there's really no documentation, not even a features list!
Have you tried Microsoft's (or Sybase's?) Type 4 JDBC driver?
www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/jdbcregister.asp
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?