OpenTool JLists don't repaint properly

2003-08-05 04:16:43 AM
jbuilder11
We've got an OpenTool that displayes in a JFrame with several JLists. The
JLists tear up when scrolled. Looks really horrible. We've duplicated the
problem in JBuilder 8 and 9 on several machines.
This same OpenTool also can run independantly as a standalone application
and as a Java Web Start application without this problem manifesting.
Is this a known bug? If so, is there a workaround?
Mike

Re:OpenTool JLists don't repaint properly

There is hardly any detail in your description. My best guess is that
you are updating your UI on the wrong thread (perhaps as a side-effect
of how you are hooking up your OpenTool to your application).
java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/overview/threads.html
"Mike Slinn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
We've got an OpenTool that displayes in a JFrame with several JLists.
The
JLists tear up when scrolled. Looks really horrible. We've
duplicated the
problem in JBuilder 8 and 9 on several machines.

This same OpenTool also can run independantly as a standalone
application
and as a Java Web Start application without this problem manifesting.

Is this a known bug? If so, is there a workaround?

Mike

Re:OpenTool JLists don't repaint properly

We aren't using any extra threads. It's pretty straightforward:
- create a JFrame
- plop in a JList within a JScrollPane
- populate the JList
- slide the scrollbar
... and it tears up.
Mike

news:3f2ebf2d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>We've got an OpenTool that displayes in a JFrame with several JLists.
The
>JLists tear up when scrolled. Looks really horrible. We've
duplicated the
>problem in JBuilder 8 and 9 on several machines.
>
>This same OpenTool also can run independantly as a standalone
application
>and as a Java Web Start application without this problem manifesting.
>
>Is this a known bug? If so, is there a workaround?
>
>Mike

{smallsort}