Error deleting EJBModule jar file

2004-02-04 04:29:03 AM
jbuilder14
Hi,
I created a simple project. In that I have created an EJB Module.
When I click on 'Rebuild Project' JBuilder creates the .jar file. Now when I right click on the EJBModule and select 'clean', I get error message 'Error deleting D:\MyProjects\FirstQL\FirstQLEJBModule\FirstQLEJBModule.jar'
Why is this happening?
Further I cannot delete this file from Windows also, as it says some process has locked the file.
I can only delete it by closing JBuilder and then deleting it (ouch!).
Why is this happening ???
Thanks.
Peter

Re:Error deleting EJBModule jar file

Sorry, forgot to mention the version. This is JBuilder Enterprise Version X.
"Peter Vennel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

I created a simple project. In that I have created an EJB Module.

When I click on 'Rebuild Project' JBuilder creates the .jar file. Now when I right click on the EJBModule and select 'clean', I get error message 'Error deleting D:\MyProjects\FirstQL\FirstQLEJBModule\FirstQLEJBModule.jar'

Why is this happening?

Further I cannot delete this file from Windows also, as it says some process has locked the file.

I can only delete it by closing JBuilder and then deleting it (ouch!).

Why is this happening ???

Thanks.

Peter

Re:Error deleting EJBModule jar file

Sounds like you deployed the JAR and the application server
has it open. My past experience in such situations is that
you can go ahead and let Make rebuild the JAR -- while you
cannot delete it, it is possible for the build system to
open it for overwrite.
"Peter Vennel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi,
I created a simple project. In that I have created an EJB
Module.
When I click on 'Rebuild Project' JBuilder creates the .jar
file. Now when I right click on the EJBModule and select
'clean', I get error message 'Error deleting
D:\MyProjects\FirstQL\FirstQLEJBModule\FirstQLEJBModule.jar'
Why is this happening?
Further I cannot delete this file from Windows also, as it
says some process has locked the file.
I can only delete it by closing JBuilder and then deleting
it (ouch!).
Why is this happening ???
Thanks.
Peter

{smallsort}

Re:Error deleting EJBModule jar file

Thanks Bill.
I tried that. Infact I started moving my jar file to another folder and then deploying them from there. So the files did not get locked. But if I run 'Make Project' it starts recursing the folder 'FirstQLEJBModule', which also has file 'FirstQL.html' in each of the folder created. See below :
D:.
├───bak
│ ├───client
│ ├───firstql
│ └───FirstQLEJBModule
│ └───META-INF
├───client
├───firstql
├───FirstQLEJBModule
│ ├───firstql
│ ├───FirstQLEJBModule
│ │ └───FirstQLEJBModule
│ │ └───FirstQLEJBModule
│ │ └───FirstQLEJBModule
│ └───META-INF
├───Generated Source
│ └───firstql
├───package cache
└───src
├───client
└───firstql
Why is this happening?? Am I missing out something.....
Thanks.
Peter.

news:4020048f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Hi,

I created a simple project. In that I have created an EJB
Module.

When I click on 'Rebuild Project' JBuilder creates the .jar
file. Now when I right click on the EJBModule and select
'clean', I get error message 'Error deleting
D:\MyProjects\FirstQL\FirstQLEJBModule\FirstQLEJBModule.jar'

Why is this happening?

Further I cannot delete this file from Windows also, as it
says some process has locked the file.

I can only delete it by closing JBuilder and then deleting
it (ouch!).

Why is this happening ???

Thanks.

Peter

Re:Error deleting EJBModule jar file

Below I have copied the directory structure for my project. I have a question regarding jar file. Why are there two jar files, one in the root and the other under 'FirstQLEJBModule' folder. Further I cannot even open the later jar file. I get error. Whenever I try to clean or rebuild or make project, that jar file does not get deleted and also the folder 'FirstQLEJBModule' with files under it. What is going wrong here??? Is this a bug or am I not setting the environment properly??
I cannot even delete the .jar file or the folder without shutting down JBuilder. (ps I have not yet started the server)
Although I really like Jbuilder X with all its wizards, this is really pissing me now.
Someone please help!!!!
D:\MyProjects\FirstQL>
| FirstQL.html
| FirstQL.jpx
| FirstQL.jpx.local
| FirstQLEJBModule.jar
| jndi-definitions.xml
| Servlet.library

+---bak

+---client
| FirstQLClient.class

+---firstql
| Courses.class
| CoursesBean.class
| CoursesDto.class
| CoursesDtoAssembler.class
| CoursesFacade.class
| CoursesFacadeBean.class
| CoursesFacadeHome.class
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_EOImpl.class
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_HomeImpl.class
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_Impl.class
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_Intf.class
| CoursesHome.class
| Courses_5loab4_ELOImpl.class
| Courses_5loab4_Intf.class
| Courses_5loab4_LocalHomeImpl.class
| Courses_5loab4__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.class
| Courses_5loab4__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS_enroll_Iterator.class
| Courses_5loab4__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS_enroll_Set.class
| Enroll.class
| EnrollBean.class
| EnrollDto.class
| EnrollDtoAssembler.class
| EnrollHome.class
| Enroll_2z9ijo_ELOImpl.class
| Enroll_2z9ijo_Intf.class
| Enroll_2z9ijo_LocalHomeImpl.class
| Enroll_2z9ijo__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.class
| ServiceLocator.class
| ServiceLocatorException.class

+---FirstQLEJBModule
| | FirstQL.html
| | FirstQLEJBModule.jar
| | jndi-definitions.xml
| | Servlet.library
| |
| +---firstql
| | Courses.class
| | CoursesBean.class
| | CoursesDto.class
| | CoursesDtoAssembler.class
| | CoursesFacade.class
| | CoursesFacadeBean.class
| | CoursesFacadeHome.class
| | CoursesHome.class
| | Enroll.class
| | EnrollBean.class
| | EnrollDto.class
| | EnrollDtoAssembler.class
| | EnrollHome.class
| | ServiceLocator.class
| | ServiceLocatorException.class
| |
| +---FirstQLEJBModule
| | FirstQL.html
| |
| \---META-INF
| ejb-jar.xml
| ejb-modeler-layout.xml
| ejb-modeler-schema.xml
| weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml
| weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

+---Generated Source
| \---firstql
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_EOImpl.java
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_HomeImpl.java
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_Impl.java
| CoursesFacade_bkzz80_Intf.java
| Courses_5loab4_ELOImpl.java
| Courses_5loab4_Intf.java
| Courses_5loab4_LocalHomeImpl.java
| Courses_5loab4__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.java
| Courses_5loab4__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS_enroll_Iterator.java
| Courses_5loab4__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS_enroll_Set.java
| Enroll_2z9ijo_ELOImpl.java
| Enroll_2z9ijo_Intf.java
| Enroll_2z9ijo_LocalHomeImpl.java
| Enroll_2z9ijo__WebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.java

+---package cache
| client.dep2
| firstql.dep2

\---src
+---client
| FirstQLClient.java

\---firstql
Courses.java
CoursesBean.java
CoursesDto.java
CoursesDtoAssembler.java
CoursesFacade.java
CoursesFacadeBean.java
CoursesFacadeHome.java
CoursesHome.java
Enroll.java
EnrollBean.java
EnrollDto.java
EnrollDtoAssembler.java
EnrollHome.java
ServiceLocator.java
ServiceLocatorException.java

Re:Error deleting EJBModule jar file

You have your output path set to the same directory where
your project resides and which is also the parent directory
to your source among other things.
Everything on the project output path will be pulled into
your archive because of this during a build. You also cause
Rebuild and Clean to look into directories it shouldn't
(like the one containing your source).
Use Project | Project Properties | Paths | Output Path and
point it at a separate "classes" directory.
"Peter Vennel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Below I have copied the directory structure for my project.
<snip>

Re:Error deleting EJBModule jar file

That was absolutely correct. It solved my problem. Thanks Bill.

news:40211935$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...