JBuilderX: Random GUI Corruption

2004-02-10 02:11:29 AM
jbuilder22
At completely random instances, JBuilderX displays nothing upon startup except the menus and the standard toolbar.
This is a standard install. I've been demoing for 5 days with a healthy, completely buildable J2EE project (thru Ant). The platform is Windows XP. This has happened twice. Restarting JBuilder X does not fix it, nor does rebooting the box.
What does fix it is removing everything inside c:/documents and settings/username/.jbuilderX file. However, this is a heavy inconvenience (especially for such an expensive product) since the projects must be re-created and re-configured. Is there any workaround for this?
It would be very helpful if I could include a screen shot or have a technical representative do a screen-share so they can see this behavior firsthand.

Re:JBuilderX: Random GUI Corruption

Alexandra stehman wrote:
At completely random instances, JBuilderX displays nothing upon
startup except the menus and the standard toolbar.

This is a standard install. I've been demoing for 5 days with a
healthy, completely buildable J2EE project (thru Ant). The platform
is Windows XP. This has happened twice. Restarting JBuilder X does
not fix it, nor does rebooting the box.

What does fix it is removing everything inside c:/documents and
settings/username/.jbuilderX file. However, this is a heavy
inconvenience (especially for such an expensive product) since the
projects must be re-created and re-configured. Is there any
workaround for this?

It would be very helpful if I could include a screen shot or have a
technical representative do a screen-share so they can see this
behavior firsthand.
Attachments are only allowed in the attachments group.
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html
Post your messages in an appropriate group (not this one, since it's
supposed to be for installation questions and problems only), then
reference your attachment in the attachments group with the same subject
so it can be found.
I've set follow-ups to the appropriate newsgroup for this question :
borland.public.jbuilder.ide
In answer to your question, instead of a screenshot, it would be more
useful to see a copy of your .jbuilderX file when Jbuilder is working,
and then another copy of it when you are experiencing this problem.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)