JBuilder 9 and J2ME

2003-07-26 06:26:32 AM
jbuilder17
Hello,
I thought that JBuilder Developer comes with the `Mobile Set' now built
in ? I can find no way to create a mobile app. ! The two icons in the
`Micro' tab of Object Browser are greyed out I can find now way to
enable them. I know that with the old `Mobile Set' you had to download
the J2ME and nstall it somewhere.
Can anyone help with this ? JBuilders help files just seem to assume
that it will all work !
Thanks,
Owen

Re:JBuilder 9 and J2ME

owen wrote:
Hello,

I thought that JBuilder Developer comes with the `Mobile Set' now built
in ? I can find no way to create a mobile app. ! The two icons in the
`Micro' tab of Object Browser are greyed out I can find now way to
enable them. I know that with the old `Mobile Set' you had to download
the J2ME and nstall it somewhere.

Can anyone help with this ? JBuilders help files just seem to assume
that it will all work !

Thanks,
Owen
Is the jdk of your current project a mobile jdk (typically J2ME Wireless
Toolkit 1.0.4_01).
Project | Project Properties | JDK | select J2ME Wireless toolkit
1.0.4_01 | OK out
or (if your using the CUA keymap and want to )
Alt + P | O "ohh" | Alt + J | space | "J2" <Enter>| <Enter>

Re:JBuilder 9 and J2ME

I think that one may have to install J2ME into JB9 Personal.
I did the described actions below and there doesn't seem to be
a J2ME installed with JB9 Personal.
jeff wilsbacher wrote:
owen wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I thought that JBuilder Developer comes with the `Mobile Set' now built
>in ? I can find no way to create a mobile app. ! The two icons in the
>`Micro' tab of Object Browser are greyed out I can find now way to
>enable them. I know that with the old `Mobile Set' you had to download
>the J2ME and nstall it somewhere.
>Can anyone help with this ? JBuilders help files just seem to assume
>that it will all work !
>
>Thanks,
>Owen

Is the jdk of your current project a mobile jdk (typically J2ME Wireless
Toolkit 1.0.4_01).

Project | Project Properties | JDK | select J2ME Wireless toolkit
1.0.4_01 | OK out

or (if your using the CUA keymap and want to )

Alt + P | O "ohh" | Alt + J | space | "J2" <Enter>| <Enter>

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 9 and J2ME

AFAIK MobileSet is not in Personal :((
but Owen is talking about the Developer edition which should have it.

--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu

Re:JBuilder 9 and J2ME

Owen,
First please do not multipost, this is against NG guidelines
(info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html), in your case the
MobileSet newsgroup would have been a better choice.
Second, if you are using Linux, MobileSet didn't use to have a linux
compatible version, might have changed in JB9 but I'd be surprised of it.