Adding folders to a WAR FIle in JBuilder 8

2003-11-04 02:04:31 PM
jbuilder14
Hi Folks,
I thought I had{*word*180}ed this one but for something that is simple the
IDE does not seem to make it so.
What I wanted to do was add a folder full of pdf files under the root
directory of a web application . I have actually done this by using
Windows
Explorer. When I start the jsp application I can access the pdf files
from
a browser ok.
What I wanted to do was add this pdf folder and its contents to a WAR
file.
So I have done the following via the IDE menu.
First
Create a new folder under the root directory by doing :
Project|Add Files/Packages|New Folder icon
Then add pdf files via Windows Explorer.
I have tried to add the files from within the IDE but it will not let
me
put them in the required folder- instead it chooses a default.
Second
Tools|IDE Options|File Types| Add Associated extensions
I have added the pdf extension so that the JBuilder editor recoginses
this
file type.
Third
Right click on the 'war file node' under '<Default Web App>' node and
look
at properties dialogue box. I have added pdf file extensions to be
copied under
the list title, 'Project Wide defaults by extension'. Also I changed
the radio button from 'use the extension defaults' to 'copy'
When I build the project to create a new war file there is no
directory or associated pdf files. When I look at the above mentioned
radio button it has
gone back to 'Project Wide defaults by extension'.
So the question is how do you include a directory of files in a jpx
project
in the WAR file when the project is being built ?
any help much appreciated
regards
David