Tabbing problems (Jbuilder 9)

2004-01-26 06:22:23 AM
jbuilder24
Is there a way keep Jbuilder 9 from trying to guess where I want to
tab to and just tab the number I have set for "Tab size" each time I
hit the tab key? In editor options, I have none of the "smart"
options selected. In Project Properties, Formatting, basic tab, I have
"Block indent" and "Tab size" set to 4. I have tried with "Use tab
char" selected and not selected, same results.
The behavior I want is for it to always indent 4 spaces each time I
hit the tab key. Instead, it tries to guess where I want to tab to and
jumps where it wants to go, which 90% of the time is completely wrong
and slows me down.

Re:Tabbing problems (Jbuilder 9)

Will Handley wrote:
Is there a way keep Jbuilder 9 from trying to guess where I want to
tab to and just tab the number I have set for "Tab size" each time I
hit the tab key? In editor options, I have none of the "smart"
options selected. In Project Properties, Formatting, basic tab, I have
"Block indent" and "Tab size" set to 4. I have tried with "Use tab
char" selected and not selected, same results.
The behavior I want is for it to always indent 4 spaces each time I
hit the tab key. Instead, it tries to guess where I want to tab to and
jumps where it wants to go, which 90% of the time is completely wrong
and slows me down.
The tab key is by default the "format" key in JBuilder. If you want a
tab put in use the f2 key. Your other option is to go into the key
mappings and switch it so f2 formats and tab tabs.
Matthew