Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

2004-05-11 10:32:11 PM
jbuilder19
Hi,
Is there anyone who is using Jbuilder 9 with Vi keymapping who has managed to get visual highlighting to work? i.e. Shift+V and/or Shift+v starts "Visual Line" mode. Thanks.

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

Is there anyone who is using Jbuilder 9 with Vi keymapping who has managed
to get visual highlighting to work? You were able to get an recent VI
keyboard mapping? I tried to use an older one, but the guy wasn't updating
it, and was a bit old back in JB7, so I stopped using it. Are you using a
new version?

"Flip" <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Is there anyone who is using Jbuilder 9 with Vi keymapping who has managed
to get visual highlighting to work? You were able to get an recent VI
keyboard mapping? I tried to use an older one, but the guy wasn't updating
it, and was a bit old back in JB7, so I stopped using it. Are you using a
new version?
The keymapping came with my JB9 as far as I recall.

{smallsort}

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

"Royce" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:40a254a3$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
The keymapping came with my JB9 as far as I recall.
Not mine. JB9 Developer
--
Iman

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

Not mine. JB9 Developer
I think I figured it out, Emacs comes with JB, I wasn't sure if Emacs was
like vi or not, and I wasn't able to test it out either. Until today. :>
I'm still working on it, but it seems closer to vi, than say, the
VisualStudio or CodeWarrior keymappings.

Flip wrote:
>Not mine. JB9 Developer

I think I figured it out, Emacs comes with JB, I wasn't sure if Emacs was
like vi or not, and I wasn't able to test it out either. Until today. :>
I'm still working on it, but it seems closer to vi, than say, the
VisualStudio or CodeWarrior keymappings.
Yikes. You do realize "thems fightin words". The Vi vs Emacs wars in
the Unix space have been ongoing for decades.
;-)
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:39:57 -0600, "Lori M Olson (TeamB)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
The Vi vs Emacs wars in
the Unix space have been ongoing for decades.
That Emacs' problem.
David "vi is my sheppard I shall not font" Orriss Jr.
Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:30:26 -0500, Iman L Crawford
<ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com>wrote:
"Royce" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:40a254a3$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
>The keymapping came with my JB9 as far as I recall.

Not mine. JB9 Developer
Vi Emulation doesn't. But there's a plugin available to do it.

www.io.com/~dierdorf/vi-emacs2.jpg
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

"David Orriss, Jr. [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:30:26 -0500, Iman L Crawford
<ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com>wrote:

>"Royce" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:40a254a3$1
>@newsgroups.borland.com:
>>The keymapping came with my JB9 as far as I recall.
>
>Not mine. JB9 Developer

Vi Emulation doesn't. But there's a plugin available to do it.

Plugin to do what? Hopefully plugin for visual highlighting? eh? eh? If so where?
I have JB9 Enterprise Education BTW...I really don't remember if Vi keymapping came with the IDE for me...but that's a moot point.

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

www.io.com/~dierdorf/vi-emacs2.jpg
THAT is hilarious! :>

Re:Jbuilder 9 and Vi Keymapping, visual highlighting

On 17 May 2004 06:15:15 -0700, "Royce"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Plugin to do what? Hopefully plugin for visual highlighting? eh? eh? If so where?
Sorry, I meant there is an opentool that gives you the VI keymappings
in JBuilder...
jvi.sourceforge.net/