Cant Rename files or use Struts Conversion Wizard in JBuilder X Enterprise

2004-07-29 04:43:59 AM
jbuilder2
The Struts conversion wizard seemingly doesnt do anything for me.
I suspect the cause is related to when I try to rename an HTML file into a
JSP file or vice versa, I get told, "could NOT rename file to .... Check
file name and extension."
I'm doing this in Windows XP, and my project directory tree is under
C:\jbproject
Ideas???

Re:Cant Rename files or use Struts Conversion Wizard in JBuilder X Enterprise

Joe wrote:
The Struts conversion wizard seemingly doesnt do anything for me.

I suspect the cause is related to when I try to rename an HTML file into a
JSP file or vice versa, I get told, "could NOT rename file to .... Check
file name and extension."
JBuilder doesn't let you change a file's type when you rename it. You
can rename foo.html to something else .html or something else .htm but
not to foo.txt or foo.jsp. Yes, this is an annoying restriction. No, I
don't know why the error message doesn't do a better job of telling you
what the real problem is.
I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with your Struts conversion
problem. I suspect not.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]