Auto created JavaDoc comments

2004-09-30 10:38:14 PM
jbuilder6
I was asked this morning to integrate some code that I've been building into
an existing project. This gave me the opportunity to use JBuilder X for the
first time.
As I was creating a method to invoke my code, I had the IDE create for me
the JavaDoc comments at the top of my method. Unfortunately, I think I
found a bug(?).
My wrapper method receives 37 parameters returning a boolean (I know... Not
elegant, but not my design either...) When I typed /** <return>, the IDE
created @param entries for the 19 parameters then created * @param <any>
unknown and created the @return boolean.
Seems to me that the IDE should have created the other 18 @param entries.
It's not my machine nor my normal development environment (although I wish
it was...) But I thought I'd mention it to some one.
Bob

Re:Auto created JavaDoc comments

Robert Bateman wrote:
I was asked this morning to integrate some code that I've been building into
an existing project. This gave me the opportunity to use JBuilder X for the
first time.

As I was creating a method to invoke my code, I had the IDE create for me
the JavaDoc comments at the top of my method. Unfortunately, I think I
found a bug(?).

My wrapper method receives 37 parameters returning a boolean (I know... Not
elegant, but not my design either...) When I typed /** <return>, the IDE
created @param entries for the 19 parameters then created * @param <any>
unknown and created the @return boolean.

Seems to me that the IDE should have created the other 18 @param entries.
It's not my machine nor my normal development environment (although I wish
it was...) But I thought I'd mention it to some one.
Mentioning a bug here doesn't achieve much
except to have the curious like me to write
a little test and find the same result, and
agree with you that this sure seems to be a
bug.
Quality Central is the only place to "mention"
these problems and hope to get them resolved.
And Quality Central is accessible right from
your IDE:
Tools>Quality Central
It's the last item in the Tools menu.
Submit that bug report!