JBuilder8, properties missing on build

2003-09-09 08:37:34 PM
jbuilder10
Hi!
Sometimes when I rebuild my project in JBuilder8 the .properties files in
the project is not submitted. The classes area will contain no properties
files and the excecution will off course fail.
This happens once in a while. The cure is to manually run through the
project, open each .properties file and build it manually using
shift+control+F9.
After that I can rebuild again and everything works fine until next time....
Can someone tell me what I can do with this?
Thanks in advance,
m@rius

Re:JBuilder8, properties missing on build

Marius Bjelland wrote:
Hi!

Sometimes when I rebuild my project in JBuilder8 the .properties files in
the project is not submitted. The classes area will contain no properties
files and the excecution will off course fail.
This happens once in a while. The cure is to manually run through the
project, open each .properties file and build it manually using
shift+control+F9.
After that I can rebuild again and everything works fine until next time....

Can someone tell me what I can do with this?

Thanks in advance,
m@rius

In JBuilder8, a rebuild does a "clean" (deletes all the output path
files) and then a "build". Are all your properties files located in
your project's "source" path? Have you been manually configuring any
file types? (Tools | IDE Options, File Types tab). Maybe something got
messed up in there.
Can you maybe run JBuilder.exe (instead of JBuilderW.exe), to get a
console, and check the console for any exceptions the next time this
happens?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)