Parameter names does not match

2005-08-18 11:46:57 PM
jbuilder2
We have made an EJB with just ONE method namely CombineStrings.
There are ONLY 3 parameters (all string) in that EJB-method. They are named as Part1, Part2 and Part3. (Please see the EJB files pasted below)\
The problem is as follows:
Now when we build the project it in JBuilder, the parameter names in the stubs and skeleton files CHANGES to arg0, arg1 and arg2 respectively.
Is there any way we build the stubs/skeletons so that parameter names DO NOT CHANGE?
Regards,
Nikhil Shah
( XXXX@XXXXX.COM )
Following are EJB files
Remote Interface File - CombineStringsDemo.java
public interface CombineStringsDemo extends javax.ejb.EJBObject
{
public java.lang.String CombineStrings(String part1, String part2, String part3) throws
RemoteException;
}
Interface Implementation file : CombineStringsDemoBean.java
public class CombineStringsDemoBean implements SessionBean
{
SessionContext sessionContext;
public void ejbCreate() throws CreateException
{
/***/
}
public void ejbRemove()
{
/***/
}
public void ejbActivate()
{
/***/
}
public void ejbPassivate()
{
/***/
}
public void setSessionContext(SessionContext sessionContext)
{
this.sessionContext = sessionContext;
}
public java.lang.String CombineStrings(String part1, String part2, String part3)
{
return part1 + part2 + part3;
}
}

Re:Parameter names does not match

Nikhil Shah wrote:
We have made an EJB with just ONE method namely CombineStrings.

There are ONLY 3 parameters (all string) in that EJB-method. They are
named as Part1, Part2 and Part3. (Please see the EJB files pasted
below)\

The problem is as follows:

Now when we build the project it in JBuilder, the parameter names in
the stubs and skeleton files CHANGES to arg0, arg1 and arg2
respectively.

Is there any way we build the stubs/skeletons so that parameter names
DO NOT CHANGE?
No, there isn't. Parameter names are not actually encoded in the
compiled class; they're included as optional debugging information.
JBuilder's ParameterInsight, for example, reads this debugging
information when available to give you the parameter names but if it
doesn't find it then it simply omits the parameter names altogether.
The stub/skeleton generator reads class files, not source files, and
doesn't look at debugging information at all.
Is there any particular reason why you're interested in the stubs and
skeletons at all? I've been doing EJB for years and seldom use them.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.