why does a read/writtable weblogic.xml get overwritten everytime I start the server from within JB9 Ent?

2003-12-11 06:06:34 AM
jbuilder15
I'm using JB9 Ent with Weblogic, and whenever I start the server with a
read/write weblogic.xml, the file gets clobbered and reset to what it was
before the read/write was turn off and changed. I've seen this behaviour on
several machine. I hope someone can explain this cause this is very
strange.
Thanks.

Re:why does a read/writtable weblogic.xml get overwritten everytime I start the server from within JB9 Ent?

By default, if you start the weblogic server from jbuilder, the plugin will try to map any webapp. (project properties ->server->jsp/servlet service "map project webapps at runtime")
For internal jsp debugging purpose, it needs to update the weblogic.xml by adding those following lines :
<jsp-descriptor>
<jsp-param>
<param-name>compileFlags</param-name>
<param-value>-g</param-value>
</jsp-param>
<jsp-param>
<param-name>keepgenerated</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</jsp-param>
</jsp-descriptor>
Once you stop the server, those lines will be cleaned up !
So, if you do not want this read/write strange behaviour, uncheck "map project webapps at runtime" .
Regards,
Herve
"Flip" <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I'm using JB9 Ent with Weblogic, and whenever I start the server with a
read/write weblogic.xml, the file gets clobbered and reset to what it was
before the read/write was turn off and changed. I've seen this behaviour on
several machine. I hope someone can explain this cause this is very
strange.

Thanks.

Re:why does a read/writtable weblogic.xml get overwritten everytime I start the server from within JB9 Ent?

Thank you. I was giving up hope I was going to get an answer.
By default, if you start the weblogic server from jbuilder, the plugin
will try to map any webapp. (project properties ->server->jsp/servlet
service "map project webapps at runtime")

For internal jsp debugging purpose, it needs to update the weblogic.xml by
adding those following lines :
<jsp-descriptor>
<jsp-param>
<param-name>compileFlags</param-name>
<param-value>-g</param-value>
</jsp-param>
<jsp-param>
<param-name>keepgenerated</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</jsp-param>
</jsp-descriptor>

Once you stop the server, those lines will be cleaned up !

So, if you do not want this read/write strange behaviour, uncheck "map
project webapps at runtime" .
I'm poking around to find out what that option does and this is what I
found.
"Click on the JSP/Servlet service and uncheck Map Project WebApps At
Runtime. This will turn off the default behavior of deploying the web
application in exploded format at server startup." on the page
info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/enterprise/testing_beans.html
In my case, I am running the exploded version, so do I still need to uncheck
that checkbox? What happens if those weblogic.xml lines are already there,
should it still be clobbering the file just to find them already there?
Thanks again.

{smallsort}