Problem with JTabbedPane and JdbNavToolBar

2003-10-11 03:44:15 PM
jbuilder10
This is driving me nuts (JBuilder 7 Enterprise)..
I have two JPanels, which I add to a JTabbedPane. Both the the Panels are
using rhe JdbTextFields, JdbEditorPane, etc.
I dynamically add the two JPanels to another Panel, which has a JTabbedPane
attached. We call the constructor to the JPanel with the JTabbedPane and
then pass it an add function, to add the two JPanels to it.
public void addPanePanel(JPanel panel,String name) {
jtpTabs.add(name,panel);
jtpTabs.setSelectedIndex(0);
}
The JPanel with the JTabbedPane is added to a JInternalFrame. No problems
here. The JInternalFrame is added to a JFrame with a JDesktopPane. No
problems here either.
When we display the JInternalFrame within the JDesktopPane, all is well. The
JPanel with JTabbedPane displayscorrectly, is the right sise, etc. Two
JTabs show up inside the JPanel with the JTabbedPane as they should, and
the two JPanels are displayed.
The problem however, comes whenever I tried to use the JdbNavToolBar to move
the cursor through the DataSet (QueryDataSet). The JdbNavToolBar does the
trick, but unless I activate the second Tab first of the JTabbedPane, the
second tab will also bleed over onto the first JTabbedPane JPanel. I have
tried everything to prevent this; --adding event listeners,
WindowListeners, etc. Nothing helps at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re:Problem with JTabbedPane and JdbNavToolBar

pNichols wrote:

This is driving me nuts (JBuilder 7 Enterprise)..

I have two JPanels, which I add to a JTabbedPane. Both the the Panels are
using rhe JdbTextFields, JdbEditorPane, etc.

I dynamically add the two JPanels to another Panel, which has a
JTabbedPane attached. We call the constructor to the JPanel with the
JTabbedPane and then pass it an add function, to add the two JPanels to
it.

public void addPanePanel(JPanel panel,String name) {
jtpTabs.add(name,panel);
jtpTabs.setSelectedIndex(0);
}

The JPanel with the JTabbedPane is added to a JInternalFrame. No problems
here. The JInternalFrame is added to a JFrame with a JDesktopPane. No
problems here either.

Discovered the problem. For some reason, the nested Layout Paanel (Border
Layout main panel with two GridBagLayouts and one Flow Layout panels), does
not display propelry when compiled with JDK 1.4.2. Using 1.3.1_08 works
fine. Seems that the newer 1.4.x has made some subtle changes to the
JTabbedPane that I will have to investigate.

pNichols wrote:

Discovered the problem. For some reason, the nested Layout Paanel (Border
Layout main panel with two GridBagLayouts and one Flow Layout panels), does
not display propelry when compiled with JDK 1.4.2. Using 1.3.1_08 works
fine. Seems that the newer 1.4.x has made some subtle changes to the
JTabbedPane that I will have to investigate.

It may not be relevant, but I remember some extra? jar? that shipped
with JBuilder for a couple of versions called tabbedpanefix??
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
pNichols wrote:

>Discovered the problem. For some reason, the nested Layout Paanel (Border
>Layout main panel with two GridBagLayouts and one Flow Layout panels),
>does not display propelry when compiled with JDK 1.4.2. Using 1.3.1_08
>works fine. Seems that the newer 1.4.x has made some subtle changes to
>the JTabbedPane that I will have to investigate.

It may not be relevant, but I remember some extra? jar? that shipped
with JBuilder for a couple of versions called tabbedpanefix??

Thanks Lori, I will look at it.. I forgot about that one!!