Java Virtual Machine Launcher

2004-04-30 12:34:34 AM
jbuilder4
Hello,
Whenever I try to run an applet in JBuilder 9 Personal, an error message,
titled "Java Virtual Machine Launcher", pops-up with the following content:
"Could not find the main class. Program will exit".
The JB console displays the following error message:
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/borland/jbuilder/runtime/applet/AppletTestbed"
This happens with EVERY single applet I try to run, even when I use the
project wizzard and try to run one from scratch.
The applet does compile though, JBuilder 9 is just unable to start the
AppletViewer, or so it seems.

Re:Java Virtual Machine Launcher

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:34:34 +0200, "Jelle" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
The applet does compile though, JBuilder 9 is just unable to start the
AppletViewer, or so it seems.
I've only found one other incident of this and the person used the
(IMHO) rather unconventional method of reinstalling XP to make it
work.
Just curious, have you tried JBuilder X Foundation yet? I'm wondering
if you would see the same issue there.
On the face of it it *sounds* like you have an application runtime
configuration created for it where you need an applet runtime
configuration - but that's just a guess...
Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:Java Virtual Machine Launcher

I think I may have found a "solution" to my problem.
Using the "Configure JDK's" option in JBuilder 9, I added the jbuilder.jar
file (located in <jbuilderroot>\lib), which contains the
AppletTestbed.class, to the JDK configuration. Now any and all applets run
without any problems whatsoever.
It appears to me that somehow JBuilder is not able to locate the
jbuilder.jar file unless I add it to the jdk configuration manually, which
seems very strange to me.
Seen as this is only a workaround (to me), I'm still interested to know what
cause of this problem is (apparent inability to locate the .jar file), and
how I can fix it. Maybe Jbuilder is unable to locate some other .jar files,
which I'm as yet unaware of.
"David Orriss, Jr." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht

--
David Orriss Jr. *TeamB*
www.davenet.net/

Save yourself some time and check these sites:

Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:Java Virtual Machine Launcher

Hey Jelle
I have had the exact same problem with applets, I just did what you said in
your last post and it fixed it up!
When i installed JB i didnt put it in the default directory so i dunoo if
that could have something to do with it???, but happy it works anyway :D
Thanks
Chris

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...