JBuilderX - Servlet/JSP specifications

2005-06-20 04:40:49 PM
jbuilder22
Hi,
when I add a new web module to my application in JBuilder X, I can only select servlet specification 2.3 and JSP specification 1.2. Now we need some features of the new jsp specification.
Is it possible to "upgrade" JBuilder X to support this?

Re:JBuilderX - Servlet/JSP specifications

Andrea Lerner wrote:

when I add a new web module to my application in JBuilder X, I can
only select servlet specification 2.3 and JSP specification 1.2. Now
we need some features of the new jsp specification. Is it possible
to "upgrade" JBuilder X to support this?
The JSP specification supported depends on the server, not JBuilder.
Tomcat 5.0 supports JSP 2.0 and you should be able to select that
version if you configure that server for your project.
I can't remember if Tomcat 5.0 is supported in JBuilder X, but it is
supported in JBuilder 2005.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
The JSP specification supported depends on the server, not JBuilder.
Partly, though things like the web.xml editor will have likely problems
with a version 2.4 deployment descriptor. You could probably coerce
JBuilder X into working with JSP 2.0 and Servlet 2.4, but you'd need to
use a careful mixture of brute force and caution when choosing which JB
features to utilize.
I can't remember if Tomcat 5.0 is supported in JBuilder X,
It isn't. I think you would need to either upgrade to JB2005 or figure
out how to wedge Tomcat 5.0 into the generic server configuration.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}