A silly question

2004-05-02 09:59:50 AM
jbuilder5
I am very sorry to ask this, but I can't figure out how to delete an (empty)
package. I right click on it but I can't see an option "delete package" or
something.
C. Zin

Re:A silly question

On 5/1/2004 at 9:59:50 PM, Carlos Zin wrote:
I am very sorry to ask this, but I can't figure out how to delete an
(empty) package. I right click on it but I can't see an option "delete
package" or something.
First, this sounds like a question about the JBuilder IDE, not about the
Java language, so I have set follow-ups to borland.public.jbuilder.ide.
You should not see an empty package. A package exists as a result of
having classes defined within, so when all the classes are gone, the
package should be gone too.
Can you be more specific about what you are doing? I presume you are
right-clicking on a node in the project pane. If that is right, are you
sure that it is a package node? What does it look like? What version of
JBuilder are you using? Are you using automatic source package discovery
and compilation?
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:A silly question

John, thanks for your support and I am sorry, I am out of topic here, you
are right.
Well, I had just deleted the only class of a package and the package still
appeared in the project pane but when closing JBuilder and restarting it
again the package disappeared.
Also, I noted it is not possible to move more than one class from one
package to another with the drag & drop mechanism; it does not allow
multiple selection of files.
I don't know if it could be a feature that could be included in future
versions.
Well, thanks again
C. Zin
"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
On 5/1/2004 at 9:59:50 PM, Carlos Zin wrote:

>I am very sorry to ask this, but I can't figure out how to delete an
>(empty) package. I right click on it but I can't see an option "delete
>package" or something.

First, this sounds like a question about the JBuilder IDE, not about the
Java language, so I have set follow-ups to borland.public.jbuilder.ide.

You should not see an empty package. A package exists as a result of
having classes defined within, so when all the classes are gone, the
package should be gone too.

Can you be more specific about what you are doing? I presume you are
right-clicking on a node in the project pane. If that is right, are you
sure that it is a package node? What does it look like? What version of
JBuilder are you using? Are you using automatic source package discovery
and compilation?

--
Regards,

John McGrath [TeamB]

Before sending me e-mail, please read:

Re:A silly question

There is a refresh button in the Project Pane toolbar (and
the same action in the Project menu).
Drag & Drop support in the JDK has its limitations, one of
which is that it does not support dragging multiple files.

Bill Joy wrote:
There is a refresh button in the Project Pane toolbar (and
the same action in the Project menu).

Drag & Drop support in the JDK has its limitations, one of
which is that it does not support dragging multiple files.
What JDK are you talking about? I've got a java app (jdk 1.4.x) that
accepts drops of multiple files from Windows Explorer (Win2k).

news:4094fb61$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news:40949777$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...