what mobileSet version is for Jbuilder9

2003-10-11 08:00:55 PM
jbuilder20
Hi! I just use Jbuilder9 enterprise and try to develop some PDA& mobile
phone application. I found there are several mobileset version for download,
such as mobile SDK, mobileset 3.0 for version8 and mobile edition try. Which
one is suitable for me? Hope someone to tell me. Thank you very much.

Re:what mobileSet version is for Jbuilder9

Hi abday,
MobileSet is already included with JB9 Ent, though I think only WTK

--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu

Re:what mobileSet version is for Jbuilder9

Thanks Ludovic:
Sorry I am a beginer in Jbuilder? I have more questions about this? Could
you tell me What do you mean WTK and what are Mobile SDK and Mobile edition
trial for?
abday
"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>
???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

abday a écrit :

>Hi! I just use Jbuilder9 enterprise and try to develop some PDA& mobile
>phone application. I found there are several mobileset version for
download,
>such as mobile SDK, mobileset 3.0 for version8 and mobile edition try.
Which
>one is suitable for me? Hope someone to tell me. Thank you very much.

Ludovic

Re:what mobileSet version is for Jbuilder9

Hi abday,
WTK is Sun Wireless Toolkit (java.sun.com/products/j2mewtoolkit/)
and it is the minimum thing you need to do J2ME/MIDP development.
Mobile SDKs are SDKs (ie things) needed to add support (to run and
debug) for a particular device (or familly of devices), the list of SDKs
supported by JB is at:
www.borland.com/products/downloads/mobile_sdks.html
JBuilder Mobile edition is it seems JB Ent with the very latest version
of MobileSet, that includes additional support for MIDP2.0 and DoJa 1.5,
more info at: www.borland.com/mobile/pdf/mbl_jb_techview.pdf
HTH,
Ludovic
abday a écrit :
Thanks Ludovic:

Sorry I am a beginer in Jbuilder? I have more questions about this? Could
you tell me What do you mean WTK and what are Mobile SDK and Mobile edition
trial for?

abday

"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>
???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi abday,
>MobileSet is already included with JB9 Ent, though I think only WTK
>1.0.4 is included.
>
>abday a écrit :
>>Hi! I just use Jbuilder9 enterprise and try to develop some PDA& mobile
>>phone application. I found there are several mobileset version for
download,
>>such as mobile SDK, mobileset 3.0 for version8 and mobile edition try.
Which
>>one is suitable for me? Hope someone to tell me. Thank you very much.
--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu
si leur pensees s'unissent pour batir un univers..."
Yoko Tsuno (in 'Les titans' by Roger Leloup)
[The shapes that differenciate beings are not important
if their thoughts unite to build a universe]

Re:what mobileSet version is for Jbuilder9

Thank you,Ludovic!
MobileSet is already included with JB9 Ent
Yes, It is true, I found MobileSet already included. By the way, where could
I download PDA emilator for trying.
abday
-----------------------------------

abday a écrit :
>Thanks Ludovic:
>
>Sorry I am a beginer in Jbuilder? I have more questions about this?
Could
>you tell me What do you mean WTK and what are Mobile SDK and Mobile
edition
>trial for?
>
>abday
>
>"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>
>???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Hi abday,
>>MobileSet is already included with JB9 Ent, though I think only WTK
>>1.0.4 is included.
>>
>>abday a écrit :
>>>Hi! I just use Jbuilder9 enterprise and try to develop some PDA& mobile
>>>phone application. I found there are several mobileset version for
>download,
>>>such as mobile SDK, mobileset 3.0 for version8 and mobile edition try.
>Which
>>>one is suitable for me? Hope someone to tell me. Thank you very much.

--
Ludovic

"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu
si leur pensees s'unissent pour batir un univers..."
Yoko Tsuno (in 'Les titans' by Roger Leloup)
[The shapes that differenciate beings are not important
if their thoughts unite to build a universe]

Re:what mobileSet version is for Jbuilder9

Hi abday,
_ If you have a palm, you want to read the documentation that comes with
WTK 1.0.4 (and check that link as well:
www.palmos.com/dev/tools/emulator/)
_ if you have a Nokia 9200 then the mobile SDK link below will give you
the link to the emulator for it
_ unfortunately if you have something else, I don't know.
Remember though that if you want to just try then the WTK is really all
you need, it is only if you want to go further and try on a real device
that you need something else.
HTH,
Ludovic
Thank you,Ludovic!