Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

2004-01-09 08:11:47 AM
jbuilder7
Is there such a thing ?

Re:Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

jordan smith wrote:
Is there such a thing ?
You would probably get a better response, if you explained in brevity, what
it is that Bold or ECO does.
You have to remember, many people here have barely heard of Delphi, let
alone used it.
However, TogetherSoft is a very nice product and does priamrily what Bold
does, except it does not run in the IDE and you do not Drag and Drop your
way through the MVC build process within the IDE. Instead, you use the guts
of the Rational Unified Process and TogetherSoft will build the code for
you. It does a good process in separation and does have built in Designers
and such (but it has been a while since I have used TogetherSoft). You can
build an entire Java app with TogetherSoft aloe, without having to use an
IDE at all.
The JB Architect verson bundles Toegther and JB together (pun unavoidable),
and FWIU, allows very tight integration with JB and TogetherSoft, pretty
much linking one with the other (like Bold does). I haven't used the
Architect version, so my knowledge is very limited.

Re:Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

Thanks..... I will re-ask in the Delphi area.
FWIW, Together & Bold are two _completely_ different things.

{smallsort}

jordan smith wrote:
Thanks..... I will re-ask in the Delphi area.

FWIW, Together & Bold are two _completely_ different things.
Why would you ask about Java in Delphi ng? Yes, I know, together and Bold
are different, that is why I stated, there is no D&D Together integration
as in Bold.
What I meant was, explain what Bold is. Someone may know of such a tool, the
closest thing I know of would be JBuilder Architect, but that doesn't meam
something like Bold does not exists.

Re:Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

What I meant was, explain what Bold is.

In short (and very over simplified), Together is for UML, and Bold is
for MDA.
He's looking for an MDA framework for Java.
(MDA = model driven architecture)
--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures

Re:Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

www.togethersoft.com/news/archive/2002/press_releases/102102.jsp
"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

>What I meant was, explain what Bold is.

In short (and very over simplified), Together is for UML, and Bold is
for MDA.

He's looking for an MDA framework for Java.

(MDA = model driven architecture)

--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence
Endures
Enabling our customers to move into the future without abandoning their
past
homepages.borland.com/aohlsson/disclaimer_ani.gif

Re:Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

Jordan, I posted links discussing MDA in the Java context in the attachments
forum...

Re:Equivalent of Bold / ECO for Java ?

In article <3ffdf224$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...