In setting the database connection properties, can't find the request driver in the driver combobox

2006-04-16 08:00:29 PM
jbuilder8
I have download the JDBC SQLServer 2000 driver, install it, and use the
Enterprise setup dialog box to create the .config file, then I added the
JDBC driver to default project, close and restart, but then when I want to
set the driver properties of database connection propeties, no the just
installed driver on the list of combo box, what is the problem?
(anyway, I can't see my library file .library in the JBuilder/lib directory
although I can find the .config file in the JBuilder /lib/ext directory)
(the .config file content is
addpath C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for
JDBC/lib/msbase.jar
addpath C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for
JDBC/lib/mssqlserver.jar
addpath C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for
JDBC/lib/msutil.jar
)

Re:In setting the database connection properties, can't find the request driver in the driver combobox

Oh, I can find the .library file in C:\Documents and
Settings\kei\.jbuilderX\JDBC SQLServer2000.library, but still can select the
driver in the database connection properties combo box, why?
anyone can help?
"kei" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

now I use database pilot and set the driver to
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, URL to
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433, and try to connect, but the error
message is "Error establishing socket", anyone know the problem??
Thx!!

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have download the JDBC SQLServer 2000 driver, install it, and use the
>Enterprise setup dialog box to create the .config file, then I added the
>JDBC driver to default project, close and restart, but then when I want to
>set the driver properties of database connection propeties, no the just
>installed driver on the list of combo box, what is the problem?
>
>(anyway, I can't see my library file .library in the JBuilder/lib
>directory although I can find the .config file in the JBuilder /lib/ext
>directory)
>(the .config file content is
>addpath C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for
>JDBC/lib/msbase.jar
>addpath C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for
>JDBC/lib/mssqlserver.jar
>addpath C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for
>JDBC/lib/msutil.jar
>)

{smallsort}

kei wrote:
now I use database pilot and set the driver to
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, URL to
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433, and try to connect, but the error
message is "Error establishing socket", anyone know the problem??
You have not mentioned which version and edition of JBuilder you
are using. That may make a difference.
Query the archives using either tamaracka or Google:
tamaracka keywords: ^jbuilder dbpilot config driver
read most of the hits, sorted by date.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:In setting the database connection properties, can't find the request driver in the driver combobox

JBuilder X, Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Personal Edition
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
kei wrote:
>now I use database pilot and set the driver to
>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, URL to
>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433, and try to connect, but the
>error message is "Error establishing socket", anyone know the problem??

You have not mentioned which version and edition of JBuilder you
are using. That may make a difference.

Query the archives using either tamaracka or Google:

tamaracka keywords: ^jbuilder dbpilot config driver

read most of the hits, sorted by date.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

Re:In setting the database connection properties, can't find the request driver in the driver combobox

Oh, after installing the service pack 3 of SQL Server, the problem is
solved!!

news:4442990c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...