how can i connect my pages to the DB2 database on my pc?

2003-08-26 08:59:30 PM
jbuilder23
Hi,
i'm new in this newsgroup... I'm trying to learn something 'bout Jsp and
EJB, but i have only WSAD5 and i don't understand nothing in it.... so, now,
i'm trying JB9.. but how can i connect my pages to the DB2 database on my
pc?
Thanks,
Tyreen

Re:how can i connect my pages to the DB2 database on my pc?

In <3f4b5964$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >tyreen wrote:
i'm new in this newsgroup... I'm trying to learn something 'bout Jsp
and EJB, but i have only WSAD5 and i don't understand nothing in it....
so, now, i'm trying JB9.. but how can i connect my pages to the DB2
database on my pc?

Thanks,
Tyreen

Well, there is neither the time or the space to answer such a broad
and general question..
You would do well to go buy a book on Servlets and JSP. Generally you
will use JDBC to access DB2 and then at the most basic level walk the
table and format an HTML table that outputs within a JSP page. There is
also a lot of resources on the web that will also outline more of the
details.. In addition you might check out some of the papers at the link
below..
John..
--
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.