It works

2005-03-30 02:50:20 PM
jbuilder17
It Works, thanks Gillmer.
I've just extracted mysql-connector into jbuilder lib directory, added the
the jar file into the jbuilder lib configuration and finally, included this
lib in my project.
Regards
Jose Luis Herrero
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
jherrero wrote:
>.- Download de JDBC connector form www.mysql,com
>(mysql-connector-java-3.1.7)
>.- Menu: Tools ->Configure ->Libraries add at Jbuilder a new library
>(called mySql) with the path of the file downloaded

Assuming you got the same file I just downloaded, there are several
problems here.

1) The downloaded file is a tar file. Java doesn't understand tar
files. You'll need to extract its contents.

2) Even if you somehow got a zip or jar file instead of the tar file I
got, it still can't be used directly. If you put a jar file on the
classpath, Java expects to find the classes at paths like
com/mysql/jdbc/Driver.class. In this file, they're at
mysql-connect-java-3.1.7/com/mysql/jdbc/Driver.class (or in the included
mysql-connect-java-3.1.7/mysql-connect-java-3.1.7-bin.jar file). You'll
need to either extract this file's contents and point to the nested -bin
jar file or leave it unextracted point the library to
mysql-connect-java-3.1.7 directory within it.

--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:It works

I've built a Project successfully!!!!
I really don't know what is happening, I define my C# class inherits from
DataSet and build the assembly, but when I add the reference to the Delphi
project it doesn't work. But, if I declare the class as private... It
Works!!!!!, I mean if I have many classes in the C# project, if one of them
inherits from dataset and is marked as public It doesn't work (even if I
inherit from a DataSet inherited class), but if I mark it as private it does
work!. This problem doesn't happen with all the framework classes, I tried
with DataSet, DataTable and the problem persists, but when I inherit from
DataRelation, Collections, or others, it doesn't. Do you think my Spanish
Windows XP Professional is affecting? I have also download the architect
Delphi from Borland site (Because my license is Enterprise) and install it
on a new virtual machine, and the problem stills!.
Do you have any idea?
"Leonardo Zanatta" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Hi, as you recomend. I reinstall delphi on a "new" computer... i mean, i
installed a virtual pc and just installed .net Framework a delphi 2005.
(The
first computer wasn't virtual!).

I try to build the project you had sent and it wasn't built. If i put the
.dcpil file (You also sent it), it's built!.

I know, the .dcpil file is not generated when you compile the c# file, but
when you add the reference to a Delphi project it should be created..... i
guess, because in the proyect you sent it was included. but if i erese it,
cant regenerate it! do you know why?

"Leonardo Zanatta" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
news:425c6b48$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi.
>
>I just opened your project and copiled it succesfully.... but, it works
>because you also send the .dcpil (located in the dcuil folder), if I
take
>out the refernece, erease the .tcpil file and rebuild de C# project and
the
>Delphi Project the error show again!!! I reinstall Delphi, but it's the
same
>it doesn't work. I think when you buil your Delphi project you also
recreate
>the .dcpil file for de C# assembly, but in my case not..... do you know
why?

>"Mauro Venturini" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>No, the dcpil file is only required for Delphi
>>assembly to support the extensions to
>>the framework. For a C# assembly Delphi
>>rebuilds it from the dll.
>>I examined your projects and there were
>>problems. First of all the assembly Project1C
>>looked more like an application (the Main inside
>>Class2). Then the flat "all file inside a
>>directory" structure is dangerous (some files
>>may be overwritten during build) and last
>>in the project group there were no indication
>>of dependencies (look at context menu of the
>>Project1.exe item).
>>There might be more (I'm not a C# expert, I use
>>it only on strong physical constriction).
>>Anyway, I rearranged your sample in a working
>>way (see test.zip in attachments newsgroup).
>>You can use it as a skeleton for your project.
>>

>>"Leonardo Zanatta" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>I think i found the problem.
>>>
>>>When you build a C# project, the compiler generates just the .dll
file.
>>>Delphi also needs the .dcpil file (IL pre compiled file). In the
.NET
>>>framework classes, you can find these files in BDS\3.0\LIB. Bun in
my
>>case,
>>>could i generate a .dcpil file from my C# project?

Re:It works

I'm sorry but I really can't replicate your problem. I built again
a package and an application with the structure you described
and they compiled nicely. In the attachments group I posted
(Subject: Re: It works) a capture of my screen with the
project group opened inside D2005 and some descriptive
comments.
About Spanish versions I really do not know fo sure. I'm
Italian but I always install English versions of everything
There are suspicions that localized version always have
some more bugs and it is quite sure that translations are
extremely low quality (at least they are for Italian, I saw
messages that used Italian words but that wasn't Italian
at all, I could understand them with great difficulty).
[...]

{smallsort}