JavaDoc packaging

2004-10-12 03:21:26 AM
jbuilder24
How do I package JavaDoc output so that when I import my class package in
another project, I can highlight a method and press F1 and have the
documentation come up?
Right now I get:
com.kable.newsstand.core.sessions
Interface NSCore
public abstract interface NSCore
extends javax.ejb.EJBObject
I am expecting the standard JavaDoc output, and this isn't it.

Re:JavaDoc packaging

"Brian Ray" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
How do I package JavaDoc output so that when I import my class package in
another project, I can highlight a method and press F1 and have the
documentation come up?
Does the other project have a javadoc node, and a documentation path
to build it to?
If you add the project itself as a library, it should automatically
pick them up, otherwise (using a ordinary library) you need to specify
the doc tree's root.

Re:JavaDoc packaging

OK, I have it working. I have set the document path in my library. This
seems counter intuitive though. I would think that if I include project
documentation in my jars that the documentation should work automatically
when I include the jar in my library. Otherwise there is no sense in
including the documentation in the jar file. Is something that should put
in an RFE for?
"Tor Iver Wilhelmsen [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
"Brian Ray" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>How do I package JavaDoc output so that when I import my class package
in
>another project, I can highlight a method and press F1 and have the
>documentation come up?

Does the other project have a javadoc node, and a documentation path
to build it to?

If you add the project itself as a library, it should automatically
pick them up, otherwise (using a ordinary library) you need to specify
the doc tree's root.

{smallsort}

Re:JavaDoc packaging

Brian Ray wrote:
I would think that if I include project
documentation in my jars that the documentation should work automatically
when I include the jar in my library. Otherwise there is no sense in
including the documentation in the jar file. Is something that should put
in an RFE for?
If you think it should be done, then enter it in QualityCentral:
qc.borland.com. My feeling, however, is that it shouldn't and
can't be implemented.
How is JBuilder supposed to know whether you put the documentation in
doc, docs, doc/api, docs/api, doc/javadoc, doc/javadocs, docs/javadoc,
docs/javadocs, ... ? I guess you could make a list of all the places
you think are "right," but there's always going to be someone who puts
them somewhere else and insists that's the "right" place. IMHO
JBuilder's solution of letting you specify where they are is perfect.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:JavaDoc packaging

Can't the location be put in the manifest file?
If I want to compile some new widget into a .jar so I can give it to people,
I have to send them a folder of of the documentation too? Then if I make a
new version in six months, they have to delete their old document folder,
and create a new one (or put the doc in a different place and change their
library definitions)?

Brian Ray wrote:
Can't the location be put in the manifest file?
If I want to compile some new widget into a .jar so I can give it to people,
I have to send them a folder of of the documentation too? Then if I make a
new version in six months, they have to delete their old document folder,
and create a new one (or put the doc in a different place and change their
library definitions)?
You can use the same JAR file for both the classes and the
documentation. You just need to configure the JBuilder library so it
knows where they are. But they don't need to be in different files.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:JavaDoc packaging

If I go to the configure libraries page, and select my library, then go to
the document tab and put in a jar file, the documentation doesn't work. If
I put in the location of the documentation, instead of the .jar file, it
works. How do I configure the library so that it looks at the
documentation... Idea! ...working... I figured it out! You have to tell
it where in tha jar file it is! Thanks for your help.