deployment Servlets.

2006-03-30 04:45:29 PM
jbuilder14
Hi friends,
I'm new writing Web applications. My application have two servlets and two
html files. In Tomcat ROOT I have a folder name "Analitica", and I put there
the files:
-web.xml,
-*.war
-*.html
I call the application in my browser:
10.30.1.1/Analitica/AccesoManual.html
the html start ok, but the servelets aren't found.
my web.xml file is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <web-app>
- <servlet>
<servlet-name>lecturaagrupamovimientos</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>analiticaservelet.LecturaAgrupaMovimientos</servlet-class>
</servlet>
- <servlet>
<servlet-name>lecturamovimientos</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>analiticaservelet.LecturaMovimientos</servlet-class>
</servlet>
- <servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>lecturaagrupamovimientos</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/lecturaagrupamovimientos</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
- <servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>lecturamovimientos</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/lecturamovimientos</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
Thanks in advance!!
Salvador Huertas.

Re:deployment Servlets.

Salvador Huertas wrote:
I'm new writing Web applications. My application have two servlets and two
html files. In Tomcat ROOT I have a folder name "Analitica", and I put there
the files:
-web.xml,
-*.war
-*.html

I call the application in my browser:
10.30.1.1/Analitica/AccesoManual.html

the html start ok, but the servelets aren't found.

my web.xml file is: [...]
You should be deploying your Web app to its own folder
in Tomcat's "webapps" folder, such that ROOT and the
others (e.g., tomcat-docs) are "sibling" directories.
Placing your Web apps resources under ROOT, you just make
the HTML files available, as you've noticed.
Note that I'm referring to Tomcat 5.5 but I think it's
the same in the older versions.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: