need help deploying project with visibroker orb.

2005-03-30 06:21:45 AM
jbuilder8
Hello all.
I have win2000, jbuilder2005 Ent. and BES6.0.
I use visibroker ORB, but I am NOT targeting my project for Borland
enterprise server appserver. so, following the jbuilder help, i added one
library to my project, which is "borland enterprise service 6.0
client".(again, i am not talking to any borland server). The project
compiled and ran just fine. however, deploying it is a different story:
scenario 1:
since i don't know what needs to be added in archives, so i use "include
all" option in dependencies.
result:
systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to load file
"com/inprise/vbroker/orb/ORB.properties" minor code: 0 completed: No.
scenario 2:
i use "exclude all" option in dependencies. and i override the executable
config with the specified file, which has the content like:
addbootpath vbjorb.jar //this jar file is copied from BES6.0 lib
directory.
mainclass foo.fooApp
result:
systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/borland/security/core/Init/Init minor
code: 0 completed: No
scenario 3:
same as scenario 2, except i use the vbjorb.jar from BES6.5 lib directroy.
result: WORKS!
BES6.5 is a trial version. so, i would like to get BES6.0 to work.
any help/comments/guess are appreciated.
thx
SH

Re:need help deploying project with visibroker orb.

SH wrote:

BES6.5 is a trial version. so, i would like to get BES6.0 to work.
any help/comments/guess are appreciated.

thx
SH

Suggest you take this to the BES groups, because you are more likely to
get a knowledgable response there.
support.borland.com/newsgroups/bes.asp
--
Regards,