Compatibility issue?

2004-02-27 03:10:13 PM
jbuilder22
Hi All,
I have JB X Foundation.
In JB X Foundation, there is a reference to import javax.xml.*;
that is available on other
purchasable models of JB X namely D: JBuilder Developer and E:
JBuilder Enterprise.
I have programs that list import
com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec; and run with no
problem.
So in looking for where this is javax.xml.rpc.namespace Sun
indicated that it was available at their site.
I down loaded a package from sun
jwsdp-1_0_01-windows-i586.exe but it will only bind if I
have Java(TM) 2 SDK v1.3.1 or higher
What does this all mean?
Bob

Re:Compatibility issue?

On 2/27/2004 at 2:10:13 AM, Bob H wrote:
In JB X Foundation, there is a reference to import javax.xml.*;
What reference are you talking about?
that is available on other purchasable models of JB X
namely D: JBuilder Developer and E: JBuilder Enterprise.
Some third-party packages may not be included in the JBuilder X
Foundation package, but that does not mean they cannot be used
with it.
I down loaded a package from sun
jwsdp-1_0_01-windows-i586.exe but it will only bind if I
have Java(TM) 2 SDK v1.3.1 or higher

What does this all mean?
It is hard to tell from what you have written, but it sounds to me as
if you have found a requirement that JWDSP requires JDK 1.3.1 or
higher. That should not be a problem, since JBuilder X comes with JDK
1.4.2.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:Compatibility issue?

John,
Thanks for responding
I am looking at your reply with real confusion.
I am taking your reply a step at
a time if you don't mind.
I clicked on the package from Sun
jwsdp-1_0_01-windows-i586.exe and the installer
went looking for the Java(TM) 2 SDK v1.3.1 or higher
and it did not find it. Also there was the option for
me to find it. I went to the folder C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\bin
and clicked that I thought it was there. Still the installer
repeated the message: It did not find it.
You wrote:
That should not be a problem, since JBuilder X comes with
JDK
1.4.2.
My Reply: I would agree that JBuilder X obviously does have
JDK
1.4.2 .
Where is the place to put the
jwsdp-1_0_01-windows-i586.exe
so that it sees the JBuilder X with JDK 1.4.2
since I am not doing well at pointing
at what it expects to find?
Bob

Bob H wrote:
Where is the place to put the
jwsdp-1_0_01-windows-i586.exe
so that it sees the JBuilder X with JDK 1.4.2
since I am not doing well at pointing
at what it expects to find?
Try C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4. The bin directory is just one part of the JDK.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Compatibility issue?

Gillmer,
YOUR SUGGESTION WORKED!!!!
OUTSTANDING!!!! A BIG THANKS!!!
it accepted the folder designation, and put the files where IT
thought they belonged.
I need to make another thread/posting " how to get the items
from this package to
be seen by JBuilder X", yet how to phrase that post?
I cannot see any additions when I open the packages to be
added no matter where I move the folder it created
named jwsdp-1_0_01
Bob

Bob H wrote:
I need to make another thread/posting " how to get the items
from this package to
be seen by JBuilder X", yet how to phrase that post?
You should look in the JBuilder help on configuring libraries.
Basically you need to choose the Tools | Configure Libraries menu item
and create a library that refers to any JAR files needed to use the
package. Then choose the Project | Project Properties menu item and add
the new library to the "Required Libraries" list on the "Paths" tab.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)