Tools to develop GUI

2005-10-20 05:52:24 PM
jbuilder21
I would like to know if some tools exist to develop GUI faster than using
the JBuilder GUI Editor (I prefer create my frames by the code than using
it).
I need to know what tools you are using to develop GUI of frame applications
and JSP pages. Of course, this tools must be compatible with JBuilder.
Thank you for your counsels.
CÚdric LAFFONT

Re:Tools to develop GUI

CÚdric LAFFONT wrote:
I would like to know if some tools exist to develop GUI faster than using
the JBuilder GUI Editor (I prefer create my frames by the code than using
it).
I need to know what tools you are using to develop GUI of frame
applications and JSP pages. Of course, this tools must be compatible with
JBuilder. Thank you for your counsels.

CÚdric LAFFONT
For JSPs I use Quanta Plus (Linux/Unix only). Also good (if you are doing
JSF) is Sun's Java Studio Creator, although, watch out for the default
naming conventions (and not so good refactoring).
Most complaints with JBuilders' Swing designer is that people do not
understand Java 2 Swing layout managers. If you understand layout managers,
it works well enough.
If you need something more RAD (for tables and the like), do a google search
for what you are looking for. There are some good open source projects that
offer libraries for Swing controls, including JTable derivatives.