BUG in JBuilder 2005 Enterprise's "built-in" Websphere 5.x support

2004-11-14 10:55:54 AM
jbuilder22
Hi
There seems to be a bug in JBuilder 2005 Enterprise's "built-in" Websphere
5.x support
PROBLEM#1:
A. I add an Entity Bean (using the "EJB Designer"),
B. I set the Websphere 5.x properties (e.g., consisting of "VM Parameters",
"Database schema name", "Database vendor type", etc)
C. I add a supporting session bean and add a method that calls the
findByPrimaryKey method in the previously created entity bean.
D. I check the Websphere 5.x properties, the one (or several) of the
properties have been reset to different values (e.g., ORACLE_V9I changes to
DB2UDB_V72, etc)
PROBLEM#2:
A. I add a session bean to accompany a previously generated entity bean (in
"EJB Designer")
B. The generated classes appear in the "src" folder
C. Afterward, I find the session bean is not registered in the ejbjar.xml..
D. And/or, often, particularly after adding methods manually to the session
bean, the session bean "icon" disappears from the EJB Designer window
altogether...
---in anycase, although the classes exist in the source folder, the deploy
code is not generated for Websphere, and often the session bean is not
registered in the ejbjar.xml
Is this "behavior" correct for the Jbuilder 2005 IDE??? I'm thinking its a
bug since there doesn't appear to be any "rhyme or reason" to these
phenomenon.
Has anyone else noticed these problems?
Appreciate any feedback to aid my understanding of what is going on here.
Thanks!!!
- Windows XP- jbuilder 2005 enterprise edition
- Oracle9i database (classes12_g.jar)
- build entity bean using "Emp" table in Oracle db sample schema: "SCOTT"
(tiger)

Re:BUG in JBuilder 2005 Enterprise's "built-in" Websphere 5.x support

Can you launch JBuilder from a console window using JB_HOME/bin/jbuilder.exe
and check to see if there are any error messages/exceptions being reported
to the console?
Thanks.
- Lata
"news.east.cox.net" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

Hi Lata,
This is the output (no apparent error, unless there is a "verbose"
switch I should have used):
C:\Borland\JBuilder2005\bin>jbuilder.exe
Disabling offscreen DirectDraw acceleration
JBuilder 2005 Enterprise
Copyright (c) 1996 - 2004 Borland Software Corporation. All rights
reserved.
Thanks for your interest/attention. Do you have any ideas?
sd
***

news:4196c932$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi
>
>There seems to be a bug in JBuilder 2005 Enterprise's "built-in" Websphere
>5.x support
>
>PROBLEM#1:
>A. I add an Entity Bean (using the "EJB Designer"),
>B. I set the Websphere 5.x properties (e.g., consisting of "VM
>Parameters",
>"Database schema name", "Database vendor type", etc)
>C. I add a supporting session bean and add a method that calls the
>findByPrimaryKey method in the previously created entity bean.
>D. I check the Websphere 5.x properties, the one (or several) of the
>properties have been reset to different values (e.g., ORACLE_V9I changes
>DB2UDB_V72, etc)
>
>PROBLEM#2:
>A. I add a session bean to accompany a previously generated entity bean
>(in
>"EJB Designer")
>B. The generated classes appear in the "src" folder
>C. Afterward, I find the session bean is not registered in the
>ejbjar.xml..
>D. And/or, often, particularly after adding methods manually to the
>session
>bean, the session bean "icon" disappears from the EJB Designer window
>altogether...
>---in anycase, although the classes exist in the source folder, the deploy
>code is not generated for Websphere, and often the session bean is not
>registered in the ejbjar.xml
>
>Is this "behavior" correct for the Jbuilder 2005 IDE??? I'm thinking its
>bug since there doesn't appear to be any "rhyme or reason" to these
>phenomenon.
>
>Has anyone else noticed these problems?
>
>Appreciate any feedback to aid my understanding of what is going on here.
>
>Thanks!!!
>
>- Windows XP- jbuilder 2005 enterprise edition
>- Oracle9i database (classes12_g.jar)
>- build entity bean using "Emp" table in Oracle db sample schema: "SCOTT"
>(tiger)

{smallsort}

Re:BUG in JBuilder 2005 Enterprise's "built-in" Websphere 5.x support

Hi Lata
Even when running jbuilder.exe with the "-verbose" switch, there are no
apparent errors/exceptions reported comensurate with the issues I described
previously.
However, changing the default setting (project->project
properties->build->java->target vm) from "java 2 SDK, v 1.2 and later" to
"java 2 SDK, v 1.4 and later" *seems* to stop the problem where the
session bean (created with the EJBDesigner) does not get registered in the
ejbjar.xml.
--I'll continue testing.
Thanks!
***