build in background feature

2004-04-09 02:23:39 AM
jbuilder15
Howdy. Does this feature impact performance? I have all builds goto the
backgrond, will they be at a lower thread priority than what ever I'm
currently doing? I'm wondering if there is an advantage to always (through
preferences I believe) build in the background or if it's the samething as
doing it in the foreground.
Thanks.

Re:build in background feature

Flip wrote:
Howdy. Does this feature impact performance? I have all builds goto the
backgrond, will they be at a lower thread priority than what ever I'm
currently doing? I'm wondering if there is an advantage to always (through
preferences I believe) build in the background or if it's the samething as
doing it in the foreground.

Thanks.

I've been doing a lot of build-in-background lately, and I can't say
that I've noticed any speed difference between foreground and
background. But I haven't really been keeping track...
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:build in background feature

I've been doing a lot of build-in-background lately, and I can't say
that I've noticed any speed difference between foreground and
background. But I haven't really been keeping track...
Cool. That's what I was asking, not necessarily scientific with a stop
watch, more what people thought and what they were noticing.
Thanks.

{smallsort}