Re: "Configure Palette" locks up program

2003-07-15 03:23:51 AM
jbuilder12
Lisa wrote:
I'm using JBuiler 9 Personal and want to add a 3rd party bean to the component palette. When i select Configure Palette on the tools menu it is locking up the program (the screen goes to all gray) and i have to kill it with the task manager.

Any idea what could be causing this? I've added to the palette before without any trouble in this version. Have already tried re-installing the program... it didn't help.

Thanks,

Lisa
Try running JBuilder.exe (instead of JBuilderW.exe) to get a console,
and see if an exception is being thrown.
Even if you see no exception, you can use that console once it locks up,
and get a thread dump with "Ctrl-Break".
Post back the exception or thread dump once you have it.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Re: "Configure Palette" locks up program

Thanks Lori. Do you think there's any way i can "fake out" the program into looking at some other image? Or is there some way I can fix the component I previosly added? I'm assuming it was the culprit since the palette worked fine until it was added.
Thanks again for your help,
Lisa
"Lori Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Lisa wrote:
>Hi Lori,
>
>Thanks... below is the whole mess, the exception message followed by the thread dump. Some additional info, i don't know if this is applicable or not: I previously added components to the palette under the "Other" tab. They're still there and work fine from the IDE. And their icons are showing up. But when i looked at the palette.ini file trying to figure out what's going on there was nothing listed under the [Palette_Other] section.
>
>Lisa
>Uncaught error fetching image:
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getConnection(URLImageSource.java:99)
>at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java:108)
>at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.j
>ava:251)
>at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:168)
>at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:136)
>Full thread dump Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.1_02-b06 mixed mode):

Ah, the infamous image not found. IT's been a really long time since I
did any bean work, but I believe this means that the component you are
attempting to add to the palette has either neglected to provide the
images needed to display the component on the palette, or has specified
them incorrectly in some way.

Of course, it would be nice if JBuilder caught this error and told you
about it instead of locking up... You could post a bug report about this
on Quality Central - qc.borland.com

--

Regards,

Lori Olson (TeamB)

------------

Lisa wrote:
Thanks Lori. Do you think there's any way i can "fake out" the program into looking at some other image? Or is there some way I can fix the component I previosly added? I'm assuming it was the culprit since the palette worked fine until it was added.

Thanks again for your help,

Lisa

If all you are after is "fixing" your palette, then go to your
<userhome>\.jbuilderX\palette.ini file and edit it by hand.
If you need to get that particular component working, then I believe
when you add a component to the palette, you can specify an image to
use, which overrides the JavaBean's image.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Re: "Configure Palette" locks up program

Well, that worked for me. Thanks again for all your help!