Weblogic 6.1 and Jbuilder 2005

2004-11-26 01:08:35 PM
jbuilder3
Hi, I'm planning to upgrade to Jbuilder 2005 enterprise. However, I noticed
in the trial version that weblogic 6.1 is no longer supported - we still use
6.1 (we're rather cheap). Is it really impossible to use Jbuilder 2005 with
Weblogic 6.1?

Re:Weblogic 6.1 and Jbuilder 2005

Jan wrote:
Hi, I'm planning to upgrade to Jbuilder 2005 enterprise. However, I noticed
in the trial version that weblogic 6.1 is no longer supported - we still use
6.1 (we're rather cheap).
Maybe I'm reading things incorrectly, but
I think this says it all:
support.bea.com/product_news/wls60_eol.jsp
"Effective April 30, 2003, BEA WebLogic Server 6.0
and WebLogic jDriver 6.0 will be retired. As a
retired product, WebLogic Server 6.0 will no longer
be available for sale nor supported under a
standard support agreement. No further Service Packs,
Rolling Patches, or Temporary Patches are issued.
The product at this point in the lifecycle has reached
its End of Life. ... "
Is it surprising that JBuilder has to move on
as well in its support of third-party products?
Is it really impossible to use Jbuilder 2005 with
Weblogic 6.1?
Don't know if it is impossible, but it may be
difficult, and it will be up to you to figure
out how to do it. Search the newsgroup archives
for hints, and stories of success (or failure).
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
Maybe I'm reading things incorrectly, but
I think this says it all:

support.bea.com/product_news/wls60_eol.jsp

"Effective April 30, 2003, BEA WebLogic Server 6.0
and WebLogic jDriver 6.0 will be retired. As a
retired product, WebLogic Server 6.0 will no longer
be available for sale nor supported under a
standard support agreement. No further Service Packs,
Rolling Patches, or Temporary Patches are issued. The product at this
point in the lifecycle has reached
its End of Life. ... "

Is it surprising that JBuilder has to move on
as well in its support of third-party products?

That's 6.0. The 6.1 version was a HUGE upgrade, and I don't think it
has been EOL'd ... yet. It is no longer listed on BEA's web site as
"supported"
e-docs.bea.com/platform/suppconfigs/configs/supported_configs.html
>Is it really impossible to use Jbuilder 2005 with
>Weblogic 6.1?

Don't know if it is impossible, but it may be
difficult, and it will be up to you to figure
out how to do it. Search the newsgroup archives
for hints, and stories of success (or failure).

I believe Lata said something about copying a WL7.0 config, and then
pointing it at your WL6.1 install. That the old support was still
there, but they were not testing it or shipping with it anymore.
So basically, you can try it, but if you run into problems, the only
answer you will get is "upgrade WebLogic".
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Weblogic 6.1 and Jbuilder 2005

OK thanks for the info. You saved me a lot of time.
Now I have to fight my boss for the budget to upgrade :-(

Jan wrote:
OK thanks for the info. You saved me a lot of time.
Now I have to fight my boss for the budget to upgrade :-(

I highly recommend that you download the JB2005 Enterprise Trial and
give this a try before you spend money on JB2005. Just in case. If it
doesn't work, you can purchase JBX (if that's an option for you),
because it still had the WL 6.1 support.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]