An advice about two version of JB

2004-01-06 09:52:55 AM
jbuilder1
Hello, it is my first mail in this mail list
Ok, What I wanna say is that I think borland can publish two version of
Jbuilder, one like the current version, all in it; another can do all except
GUI develpment
The reason for it is the current version running very slowly, and I waiting
for it when I using. Then I think, if earase GUI components in a simple
version, will it be faster?
:-|

Re:An advice about two version of JB

"Base" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
The reason for it is the current version running very slowly, and I waiting
for it when I using. Then I think, if earase GUI components in a simple
version, will it be faster?
No, I think the GUI builder is only loaded on demand; as long as you
don't switch to the Designer tab, it should not load into JBuilder.
Borland did have a GUI-designer free version for use by schools. Don't
know if they still make that version, check their JBuilder web pages.

Re:An advice about two version of JB

In JBuilderX you have configurable 'personalities' where you can disable
things that you do not use (per project basis), like CORBA, J2ME or GUI
designer.
Mileta
Base wrote:
Hello, it is my first mail in this mail list

Ok, What I wanna say is that I think borland can publish two version of
Jbuilder, one like the current version, all in it; another can do all except
GUI develpment

The reason for it is the current version running very slowly, and I waiting
for it when I using. Then I think, if earase GUI components in a simple
version, will it be faster?

:-|

{smallsort}

Re:An advice about two version of JB

Then why slowly than Eclipse?
When I am programing, just for a moment, it will have a rest, about 1/3 of
my work time waiting
and my computer is 1.2G CPU, 256M Mem,OS is MS windows
I wanna use JB, but I use Eclipse, :(
"Tor Iver Wilhelmsen (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >????
"Base" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>The reason for it is the current version running very slowly, and I
waiting
>for it when I using. Then I think, if earase GUI components in a simple
>version, will it be faster?

No, I think the GUI builder is only loaded on demand; as long as you
don't switch to the Designer tab, it should not load into JBuilder.

Borland did have a GUI-designer free version for use by schools. Don't
know if they still make that version, check their JBuilder web pages.

Re:An advice about two version of JB

You need at least 512 MB for latest versions of JBuilder to run smoothly.
Mileta

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Base" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Then why slowly than Eclipse?
Because JBuilder uses Swing, Eclipse uses the much "tighter" SWT
library.
When I am programing, just for a moment, it will have a rest, about 1/3 of
my work time waiting
and my computer is 1.2G CPU, 256M Mem,OS is MS windows
Too little memory by far. Look at the box which states 512 MB.

Re:An advice about two version of JB

Oh, I see, :)
"Mileta Cekovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >????

Base wrote:

>Hello, it is my first mail in this mail list
>
>Ok, What I wanna say is that I think borland can publish two version of
>Jbuilder, one like the current version, all in it; another can do all
except
>GUI develpment
>
>The reason for it is the current version running very slowly, and I
waiting
>for it when I using. Then I think, if earase GUI components in a simple
>version, will it be faster?
>
>:-|

Re:An advice about two version of JB

:( Oh, and I'll update my mem, tks
"Base" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >дϢ news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Base wrote:
Then why slowly than Eclipse?
When I am programing, just for a moment, it will have a rest, about 1/3 of
my work time waiting
and my computer is 1.2G CPU, 256M Mem,OS is MS windows

I wanna use JB, but I use Eclipse, :(

If you are using JB X, try switching to JDK 1.4.2_03. I do not know about
how it speeds things up on Windows, but it surely sped things up on my Suse
Linux box, especially while in the IDE.
Of course, it will not be as fast as Eclipse, which is not using Java Swing.